VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya all!
I have a 2010 Vic XR and I love it! But there's something to be said about the 1st year model on anything!
I have 2,500 mi on her(I think! TG I record my gas stops!), and my speedometer unit just died. Good news is it's stuck at 20mph! So they can't get me for speeding! HaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Just got back from my dealer "service" and they told me it was the speedometer unit, (which I had already figured out). They tried to order a new unit, and were told it'll be on back order till 12/10/2010.
Are you kidding me???
This means I have NOTHING! Not even idiot lights!Nothing! Riding blind!(And yes, I know idiot lights won't save me!) No signal, or headlight, or nuetral indicator. Guess I'll use a shoestring to check gas??????? I didn't pay that kind of $ to go "old school"! LOL!
I'm suspecting that this is not an isolated problem, so I thought I'd put it out there! Anyone else have this problem????
Ride Safe!
Sally

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Hey Sally,
Sorry to hear about that but honestly your the first person to mention it. But if I had to guess there are less then 10 XR owners on here so it may be happening to others, just not here.
Don

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Ok, so does this mean that Victory does not plan on getting any 2011 XR's built until December of this year?.......I'm guessing so, since they apparently can't finish any until they get this part in stock. 4 months for a speedo? Seriously?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I don't know what this means. All I know is I'm SOOL for now!
It took me about 4 hrs to realize what this info meant.
I was planning a short 500 mi trip and then got to thinking what a pain in the [email protected]# it would be with no guages. Then I called my service rep back and told him this was unacceptable.
He said he would do his best to rattle some cages @ Victory

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Sally,
Thinking about this a little more......isn't it illegal to ride without a speedometer? If it is then they would have no choice but to fix it immediately.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phoenix9 said:
Sally,
Thinking about this a little more......isn't it illegal to ride without a speedometer? If it is then they would have no choice but to fix it immediately.
That's a good ? phoenix9
I didn't even think of that. But then again, I"m an angel andcan't remember the last timeI was stopped by acop and asked if my speedo worked!! HaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaa
Besides, it's all about me and my bike LOL!!!!!keekeekee!!!!!!! AND the fact that I'm stuck at 20 mph!(Oh, Officer, I was only doing 20mph! LOL)
I'm peed off because I want to take a trip, and have no guages!!!!
That's why I bought this bike!!! I wanted something more comfortable to travel with. I was very happy with my old bike, it just wasn't adequate for the traveling I wanted to do. But at least the guages worked! LOL!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Ok, so does this mean that Victory does not plan on getting any 2011 XR's built until December of this year?.......I'm guessing so, since they apparently can't finish any until they get this part in stock. 4 months for a speedo? Seriously?
They already started delivering the 2011 XR's, maybe they ran out since that same gauge is going on all the steel frame bikes too?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Duh, just thought about it, last years speedo for the XR is different then this years. I notice it had a bigger LCD screen, so maybe you will get an upgraded one?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Hmmmmm, youhave a vintage Mustang and drive the speed limit? Something doesn't add up here Sally. ;-)

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Duh, just thought about it, last years speedo for the XR is different then this years. I notice it had a bigger LCD screen, so maybe you will get an upgraded one?
Good point. why would they even bother to order in ANY of the 2010 guages to sit on a shelf.....afterall,the only bike it everwent on was the XR, and we knowits not like there are 50K of those on the road.Common sense says to put the 2011 guage cluster on it and call it a day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phoenix9 said:
dsjr70 said:
Good point. why would they even bother to order in ANY of the 2010 guages to sit on a shelf.....afterall,the only bike it everwent on was the XR, and we knowits not like there are 50K of those on the road.Common sense says to put the 2011 guage cluster on it and call it a day.
So, what does that mean for us 2010 CR owners?????? SOL???????

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
MustangSally said:
phoenix9 said:
dsjr70 said:
It means Victory has a 2011 version sitting on the shelf and someone needs to get their head out of their arse. Tell your dealer to get you a 2011 model in ASAP.
......and I'm still not sure I'm buying the speed limit deal with you......that throttle is very tempting.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
MustangSally said:
phoenix9 said:
dsjr70 said:
Okay I will make a big assumption.... Since they dont have yours available that probably means they are not ordering anymore and you will get one of the new ones. I come up with that theory because since the new bikes have a new speedo and your aisnt in stock that means they are using all the new ones for the new bikes and your stuck in the waiting game. But that does mean the new one must fit the old bikes because if it didnt they would have stock on them...
Okay is that perfectly clear? Crap I confused myself and I havent been drinking... Time to go get some Skyy!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

LOL Phoenix!
After I stewed for about 4hrs, I called my service rep back and told him 12/10 was NOT acceptable!!!!!!!!!!! So, the monkey is back on him. You can't tell me they don't have a solution for this!!!! And, if they don't, be sure you'll hear a lot more from me!

And speed? Whats you talkin about? I'm a good girl!(keekeekee)
"QUALITY over speed. Doing a crappy job fast is worthless, so take pride in your work as so few do these days. If you want to lose respect, then act like your work doesn't matter."
Just sayin LOL!
@ dsjr70-thanks for the reassurance LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
well, the 11 speedo is diff, so maybe they aren't gonna start making replacement 10's until december? just a guess.
Mine hasn't acted up any, and I have a little over 3k on it so far

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
MustangSally said:
UPDATE:
My dealer got in touch with Victory directly, and they pulled a new speedo for me. Had it installed last Thurs. So far so good LOL!
My faith is renewed!
Did they give you an old style or new style?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
MustangSally said:
dsjr70 said:
MustangSally said:
UPDATE:
My dealer got in touch with Victory directly, and they pulled a new speedo for me. Had it installed last Thurs. So far so good LOL!
My faith is renewed!
Did they give you an old style or new style?
Old Style, 2010
Then the dumb question... Why did you have to wait?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.