VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question that I asked Lloyd, via email,after having my bike worked on and his next day/immediate response. His advice was "right on."I thought that I'd share it with you...
Question: KevinX installed your cams, VFCIII and intake plate on my Vision a couple of weeks ago. However, I feel that the VFC needs a little "fine tuning" and I'm at a lossas to how to do it.I'm not mechanically inclined. It (sometimes) backfires through the intake plate,idles at approx. 1800 rpm when I first start it up (the rpm drops to "normal" after the bike warms).I believe it needs a little "fine" tuning. What can I do?
Advice from Lloyd: "Turn the key on and hit the Mode button on the controller, a green light or lights will appear, if it's any other color you went to far. Once green is up go 1 full number higher. Ex, if it's on 3 go to 4. See how that runs and keep me posted." Lloyd Greer

Lloyd'ssuggestion worked. My point is, Lloyd was immediately responsive, offered succinct advice, supports his product(s) and won't leave you in a lurch if you decide to upgrade your bike...

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Thanks Thumper for making a good point.

Customer Service and/or Service After The Sale goes a long way in not only retaining customers, but encouraging others to buy specific goods or use a company's services.

Wouldn't it be nice if Victory could offer information and services (in a timely manner) that are as good as what you experienced dealing with Lloyd?

As you explained, just replying with the proper info via email provided the solution you were seeking. Sounds easy, huh?

Thanks goes out to Lloyd for raising the bar in this arena.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Andy, you're absolutely RIGHT! I wish that Victory supported it products like Lloyd does. It's so EASYto win business and keep your customers if you do. I don't undertand why some enterprises don'trealize (or do) that....
If you go to Lloyd's website
http://www.quickvic-usa.com/contact.shtml and click on the Vision Performance Page you'll see the VFC III. It has a "mode" button in the center and a + and - symbol on each side of thatbutton.When I turned my ignition on, I followed Lloyd's suggestion and pressed the mode button and the + symbol. The green light on the VFC advanced one unit.Thatignition advance solved my problem..My bike is running great!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

People like Lloyd and KevinX help make up for crappy factory and dealer support.
THANK GOD!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just bought my new vision from Ness in Dublin, CA and was looking to do this mod (already have breathing upgrade and big honkers).

I will wait until I have 2500mi on my engine before doing cams, but now will definitely purchase from Lloyd based on this good report of performance AND customer service.

By the way - I have been servicing my custom Road King at Arlen Ness in Dublin, CA for years and have always had the best in customer care and expert service. They are 45mi from home, but I still take it there... for the service. This good service won me over to consider a vision. Good Karma is good business.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ZZ, you are right. Lloyd and KevinX are great examples ofREALcustomer service. Hog_2dotO, I visited Ness in Dublin during a June trip to CA. I found that their service dept was top notch. The service manager, I believe that his name was Joe, was extremely helpful and arranged to have some minor work done on my bike ASAP. Based on that experience, I can recommend them to anyone in the Bay Area. By the way, Joe told me thatI should NOTpurchase a brand of cams from a majorcompetitor of Lloyldz because the camsactually reduced HP and TQ alreadygeneratedby a stock bike. He showed me the dyno charts.. What else can you ask for but honesty and integrity?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will echo the sentiments of everyone else as far as Lloyd goes. The longest I've had to wait for a response was 1 day. I even got a phone call because he needed more info. I was pleasently surprised by the correspondence and even more impressed with the expert advice and his knowledge of the Victory line-up. He'll be the go to guy for a long time coming.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, I was curious about what Lloyd would say... So I asked his advice about when to the cams in my (yet to be picked up) '09.

I was thinking 2500 mi service, but he said that there would be no harm doing it at the 500 mi service. He replied to my email same day. I am going to the have the work done at Ness HQ in Dublin.

With that info in hand, when I was at Ness today to find out when my powder coating and chrome work will be back (more on that later) - I was talking with Arlen and told him that I will have Joe order up the cams and followers. He said that he was hearing good things about "Lloyd back east". Word has gotten around quickly.

I am scheduling my 500 mi service for 10 days after picking up the bike. Enough time to break it in properly. I will wait until 1000 mi before punishing it on the dyno, though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Speaking of customer service here is one for you all in SO Cal, not to long ago I had to go to Azusa Ca and see my Step daughter get married. I rode my vision there and left it at Cycle Dragon and had a number of things done, Greg the owner was great and had his guys do a miracle since the next day I had to go back to Las Vegas. he had his son take me to the Long beach Airport to pick up my rental car and Sunday Greg himself picked me back up at the airport and got my bike ready. by the way did I mention he is closed on Sunday? In one day they installed the following
1. Woody system except the console
2. JP speakers
3. Cycle Dragon exhaust sound deeper than S1L1 getting better mileage
4. wrapped exhaust

5. Chrome covers front
6. lighted badges
7.Chrome covers back
8. Chrome tip overs front and back By the way the chrome parts are exchange and are about half What Victory charges. plus they swap out

9. Front trim
10. Lowering kit
11. keyless ignition

12 put on Gatlin tips
All done in a professional manner have had no, zero, nada issues with anything they have done, you dont get customer service like this often thats why in these hard times he is still around.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Lloyd is number 1 in my book, he has been around from the beginning. Talked to him at the AVR about clooning himself. KevinX is great and going around the country installing cams. There is one other Techout of Iowa that goes by 101ci as a screen name that is also very good. I wish we had a good performance person in Illinois that could super tune these bikes. Just gives me reason to ride to the AVR every year too see Lloyd!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Have known Lloyd for about 9 years now. That's why I ALWAYS recommend him.
A simple example of how Lloyd is: Hey Lloyd do you think I need a VFC? Well Jeff, since you are a long distance rider and are dependent on dealers from all over and with your style of riding I would suggest against it. It would suck to be stuck at some dealer that has know clue on performance parts maintenance in the middle of nowhere.
I like his honesty.

Just remember he is busy busy busy.
A little suggestion, if you are returning heads/parts please package them so they don't arrive damaged. Try to put as much effort into returns as he will into your bike.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Everone's comments echo my experience with Lloydz. They are highly recommended and their product(s) are top notch...
By-the- way, can anyone provide more info on the keyless ignition and Cycle Dragon Exhaust and lowering kit for the Vision? I was thinking about installing Thunderheadersduring the upcoming"rainy" season in theNorthwest. But, I want the best (deep)exhaust sound.... Thanks, in advance!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.