Full Face Helmets | Page 4 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Full Face Helmets

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Brad Foxwell, Mar 15, 2015.

1. twoweathersbys

twoweathersbys Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
    Try to find a shop with Arai, Shark, Icon, Scorpion and Schuberth (if you might want a modular.) As stated before, different makes have different shapes. You'll eventually find one or two that fit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    I just wish some manufacturer would make a 3/4 helmet in long oval. My Shoei 1100 full face fits perfect. It's about the ONLY helmet I can wear.

3. Hchays

Hchays Active Member

2014 Victory Cross Country Suede Titanium
    Well I have good news, we corrected the Neotec helmet issue! I took it back to the bike shop and talk to the owner. After talking about the issue I put the helmet on and showed him the problem. He said that it looked like the cheek pads were to small. So we took out the #31 pads and put in #35 pads. They made a big difference! I thought the original pads fit well, but the #35 pads were night and day. So bottom line I'm a happy customer due to excellent customer service. If anyone is looking to buy anything non Victory OEM check out Sport Tour Ltd - Adventure Touring and Sport Touring Accessories They have good prices and Glen is very nice and very helpful.

• Like Like x 4
  4. bronze

bronze Member

2012 Highball
    Honestly, from this description, it sounds like you are most likely a medium. Maybe try other brands for your head shape. The fit should be snug but not painful.

Similar situation ...Im breaking in a new leather moto jacket as we speak because I am not used to this snug fit. Wish I had a larger size on first try but now I'm getting used to it.

Yes, it is definitely daunting but don't give up! You are doing it the right way! I applaud your efforts and not just going w/what looks good or what someone else tells you to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eyeguy

eyeguy Member

2012 black cross roads trioval pipes
    The nolan 3/4 I just got has a lot of nice features. Comfortable and looks well made but havent had it very long.

6. sfoens

sfoens Well-Known Member

Hammer S
    I wear an icon Alliance. This is my second one and love it. Fit is most important and this one fits me perfectly.

7. sethmartin884

sethmartin884 New Member

fz
    I am wearing a full face style SMK Helmets, it very cool, stylish and comfort for me. you can try it...

8. Bujee1

Bujee1 Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country, and 2016 Cross Country Tour
    How about a pic?

9. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    I've been wearing a Nolan modular, lining is about done. Will be shopping for another soon.

10. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    I really like my Nolan N44. Usually run it in the 3/4 mode. Only complaint is the road noise. They can be noisy. Not sure what I’d go to next, but I got a head like an almond, so needs to be a long oval and fro what I recall many of the standard 3/4 helmets don’t come in a long oval.

11. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Had a few full face style, Bell HJC,SHOEI, But now ride with a modular ( almost the same) - Like it MUCH BETTER than a full face. In the modular style I have had two HJC's IS-MAX2 and at present i90. Like the i90 as it is cooler and NOT Snell rated. It has the euro safety rating ECE.
    Read a lot of Stuff and if my brain is remembering DOT is basic ( helmet won't break if it is dropped but qualifies as legal) Snell will take a high spped impact ( I think it was 130mph ) ECE not so fast. The reason a lot are going to ECE is studies say most accidents occur WAY below that ( again seems to me around 40mph). The number to me was not all that important, what was is that a Snell helmet at a lower speed will NOT crush as easy. Therefore head injury could occur because it it so "strong". Do not know anything except what I read. A places I read it in were AMA a other organization that do the testing and research. So who is correct is the big argument. I personally guess that - if correct the ECE rating makes more sense to me. I either want to get back up and have boo-boo's that heal and a head that works at least as "normal" as it is now or not get up. Do some reading BUT MOST IMPORTANT IS TO MAKE SURE - IT IS SIZED CORRECTLY, so it can do what it's supposed to do. I have been down a few times in my 450,000 plus miles. Hit the interstate at 70 plus - helmet never touched the ground. Woke up in hospital that helmet destroyed. Long - long story but that helmet hit a concrete post. Best guess was about 30-40 mph. Yet where it was struck was in the back of the helmet - no where near the chin area.

12. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    I'm definitely a Shoei head type. I have tried HJC's (The RPHA 70 fit the best for me), Scorpions, Arai, Nolan and some others. I keep going back to Shoei. The only Shoei that didn't quite do it for me was the original Neotec. But they fixed it with the Neotec II. Other than it being a little heavy it's by far the best helmet I have. I also have a Qwest, a GT-Air and a RF100. Love 'em all.

13. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    I recently bought a Shoei Neotec II as well and like the fit. Seems a little loud but over all a really nice helmet