VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I bought a brand new 2014 highball 3 years ago.
Last month i noticed the fuel tank inner coating start peeling (no rust). I haven't ride it that much. I am wondering if there is a way i can fix it? Or anyone know a place they can fix it?

I checked for a new tanks for sell and it cost fortune. The tank in an excellent condition. And I don't know how that happened. Like i said i haven't ride it that much.

Please let me know if anyone have same problem and how to fix it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think the vic shop has a fix for this. I've heard of it happening before but I have no idea what causes it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Corn in the fuel.
Both Ducati & Guzzi had issues with plastic tanks expanding & sometimes cracking.
With the Guzzi's most of the time you didn't even notice it until you pulled the tank off & then tried to reinstall it.
Bolt holes would not line up.

There are tank repair products & altho I have never used one I have spoken to others who have.
Some had disasters & some worked well, seems the trick is totally clean inside the tank & follow directions.

There was one brand that seemed to be the favorite but I am sorry I just can't remember which one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
AMDash, we both bought a 2014. Mine the problem was the fuel cap, screws and surrounding metal were corroded badly. What I did was, I removed the cap didn't take it apart..soak the rusty parts like lock mechanism with 2 screws in a dish filled with Metal Rescue. Now it is easier to open and closed. I can't help with tank itself but hope this tip help all with gas cap rust problem

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Bottle Liquid Bottle cap Fluid Font

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.