VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of my bikes are older machines. The fuel fittings on my 2000 V92SC broke, due to the age of the PVC they are made of. I tried to contact the company that made the fittings, but received no answer. However, they still make quick disconnects for other vehicles. So I purchased a 3/8" set of quick disconnect couplers. I used the top (male end) with a 3/8" 'T' available at any auto parts store and a very short section of fuel hose. Because the original had the 'T' as part of the fitting, this is longer than original. Consequently I had to reposition the other end further down, but there was enough play in the fuel lines that it wasn't a problem.
The other end (female) was too small, since the original was a 1/2" instead of 3/8". I bought a little short piece of 5/16" thin walled vacuum hose and forced it over the 3/8" coupler barbed end. This increased the diameter just enough so that it fit into the existing 1/2" fuel hose.
And of course, I put new hose clamps at each joint. The only other minor drawback is that I have to push the 'T' forward when reinstalling my seat so the latch can clear it. I've been running it this way for over a week now, and no leaks.

Here is the item I purchased on eBay:
PWC 3/8" Gas Fuel Petrol In-Line Hose Quick Release Fittings Disconnect Connect

Reactions: FoFo

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent job !!!
Thanks for the pics and for sharing.
Well done.
My pleasure, I hope others can use this information to keep their bikes on the road!

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Someone else had an FAQ on how to create a T disconnect for the older bikes. I think Rylan had something on hand as well.. I imagine he's probably got the record for the most broken T's since he works on the older bikes so much.

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone else had an FAQ on how to create a T disconnect for the older bikes. I think Rylan had something on hand as well.. I imagine he's probably got the record for the most broken T's since he works on the older bikes so much.
LOL, I'm sure he does! He probably has a better fix than mine, but I went this route Cuz I'm CHEAP!

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Many of my bikes are older machines. The fuel fittings on my 2000 V92SC broke, due to the age of the PVC they are made of. I tried to contact the company that made the fittings, but received no answer. However, they still make quick disconnects for other vehicles. So I purchased a 3/8" set of quick disconnect couplers. I used the top (male end) with a 3/8" 'T' available at any auto parts store and a very short section of fuel hose. Because the original had the 'T' as part of the fitting, this is longer than original. Consequently I had to reposition the other end further down, but there was enough play in the fuel lines that it wasn't a problem.
The other end (female) was too small, since the original was a 1/2" instead of 3/8". I bought a little short piece of 5/16" thin walled vacuum hose and forced it over the 3/8" coupler barbed end. This increased the diameter just enough so that it fit into the existing 1/2" fuel hose.
And of course, I put new hose clamps at each joint. The only other minor drawback is that I have to push the 'T' forward when reinstalling my seat so the latch can clear it. I've been running it this way for over a week now, and no leaks.

Here is the item I purchased on eBay:
PWC 3/8" Gas Fuel Petrol In-Line Hose Quick Release Fittings Disconnect Connect
Good deal. I just resurrected and older outboard ans essentially did the same thing. 3 tanks if gas....all is well.

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.