VOG Forum banner

FS: Octane with lots of extras

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  skiffman 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Curious what you are going to after doing all that $$$ suspension work? How did those RoadSmarts work out for you?
I've got my eye on a new 2018 Base Model Goldwing with DCT. That one will probably also get a Traxxion upgrade.

The tires work great, they were a significant improvement with the stock suspension and really came into their own with the new forks.

Don't need to sell the Octane but don't really need 2 bikes either.

#8 ·
I've got my eye on a new 2018 Base Model Goldwing with DCT. That one will probably also get a Traxxion upgrade.

The tires work great, they were a significant improvement with the stock suspension and really came into their own with the new forks.

Don't need to sell the Octane but don't really need 2 bikes either.
Don't need two bikes?!?! How could you say such a thing?!?! Everyone should have at least two bikes! That way, when traxxion has your GW, you still have a bike to ride! :hihi:

#7 ·
Thanks for your reply and the Pics! I like the lower profile look of the RoadSmarts. I used to run them on my ZX14 and know how good of a tire they are. Might have to get a set of those bags too. They look good on the bike.
I'm looking at the new Goldwing too. Wife has her own bike (Suzuki 650) but likes to go on daylong rides on back. I'd like something that handles better and is lighter than the Yamaha Venture I have now. Will wait until this fall or winter to see how the completely redesigned Wing shakes out.

#10 ·
Yes, everyone should have a backup bike in case one is in the shop.
That is only common sense. With out a backup you could end up like this :drive1:

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.