VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ran bias plys to date, elite 3 and/or Avon. Need to replace the front tire and saw they make a radial. Interested to know more about best choice to make.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have run radials on a Vegas and liked them so I don't agree with Vision nut. I will say don't put a radial on front and a bias ply on back it will wobble. You can have a bias ply in front and a radial in back and it will work

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'd say, make sure the tire is the right load rating, and speed rating for you... Some people like myself find bias ply follow rain grooves, make tarsnakes feel more slippery,, the radials gave me a big confidence boost in the wet, and corners..

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I have ran bias plys to date, elite 3 and/or Avon. Need to replace the front tire and saw they make a radial. Interested to know more about best choice to make.
Who's making a 90/90 R21 ?

I'm running a Metzler 888 90/90 B21 on the front of my Vegas. Tracks very well on groved roads. 100x better than the OEM Dunlop.

I got 10k out of an 880 so the 888 should go about the same. My neighbor has a JP and only gets 5k out of his fronts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Go radials front n back. Make sure to add 4 to 5 lbs more in front and back. Play with pressure...you'll feel when it's rite. This will stiffen up the tire so it doesn't act like a shock absorber. (Radials by design have a more flexible sidewall.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.