VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know an easy way to get to the front O2 sensor connector on '12 Vision? It's buried down low behind the oil cooler and under a plastic cover that I cant figure out how to remove and don't want to break? I can see it and get one finger on it but that's it. If I can get the cover off I think I can get to it enough to disconnect it.
The cover has one button head holding it on the right side front but its somehow fastened on the left behind the oil cooler with no visible fasteners.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
If it's like the cross bikes I just pulled up on it then pushed it back down when I was done.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's like the cross bikes I just pulled up on it then pushed it back down when I was done.
It feels pretty stiff when I pull up on it and I'm worried it will crack. If you have done that to get to the connector without the cover breaking then I may give that a try. I need enough room to get wire cutters on the zip tie holding the connector in place.
I hate to take the chance of breaking anything on this bike since it may not be easy to find a replacement.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It feels pretty stiff when I pull up on it and I'm worried it will crack. If you have done that to get to the connector without the cover breaking then I may give that a try. I need enough room to get wire cutters on the zip tie holding the connector in place.
I hate to take the chance of breaking anything on this bike since it may not be easy to find a replacement.
Sounds like different cover then. Plastic is thin on mine I was really just bending it up and back down.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My ‘14 has a cover and the rubber button heads on it just “squeeze” against the case to keep it in place. You should be able to lift up on the rear side of it. You might also try bending the curved part that butts against the case inward to relieve the rubber bits that are holding it in.

just be careful as those rubber pieces can come loose from the cover and go flying off somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found that by dropping the left side of the belly pan I was able to get fingers above and below to disconnect the wire.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it! pulled up the cover enough to get my fingers in there and release the connector.
Now I can install the Lloyds filter and the fuel controller.

• Winner
Reactions: md2420

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Got it! pulled up the cover enough to get my fingers in there and release the connector.
Now I can install the Lloyds filter and the fuel controller.
what are you using for a fuel controller? If it's a piggyback (PCV or VFC), your next challenge awaits you....injector clips. Those are a PITA.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dobeck
Same as Wissco, Lloyds and other branded units.
Everything on this bike has been a PITA. Polaris did not design these things for easy maintenance!
It took me a whole long agonizing day to Change my headlight housing!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the Lloydz filter and Fuel Controller installed. about one frustrating hour on each injector plug! Polaris could have left another 1/4" between the heads and frame and that would make a world of difference getting to those connectors. But as with everything on this bike they did not engineer it for easy maintenance. I guess that's the plan to be able to run up service hours at the dealers.
Base Stage one setting felt great to me so I'll leave it as is. No popping or backfiring, much crisper throttle response especially rolling the throttle at cruise, noticeably more power and torque, WOT is almost explosive and seems to run smoother at cruise.
It felt like less heat on my legs too however, the display thermometer was reading 103 degs.....hot as a hookers doorknob on payday today!
Very happy with the way the bike performs and runs now after the WD baffled Muscle Mufflers, Lloydz secondary filter and EJK fuel controller. Less than $500 spent...big bang for the $!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
@Texasbaehr You should install a timing wheel also for even more fun.....:FIREdevil:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any more fun will just get me in trouble!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
@Texasbaehr You should install a timing wheel also for even more fun.....:FIREdevil:
completely agree with this. It will add a little more pep....more noticeable down low. Just remember that Visions typically can't take as much advance as Cross bikes.

It's advised to run at +2 or +3 and test it out. Do not go right for +4 like the Cross bikes. Very easy to go back in and adjust it up until you get pinging, then back it off appropriately.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So is it as Simple as removing the black wire from the front and rear 02 sensor to accomplish the same effect as buying connectors with resistors?

Removing the black wire and leaving the connectors connected will this prevent the check engine light from coming on? I have a 2017 vision so I don’t think I can Leave them unplugEd.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is it as Simple as removing the black wire from the front and rear 02 sensor to accomplish the same effect as buying connectors with resistors?

Removing the black wire and leaving the connectors connected will this prevent the check engine light from coming on? I have a 2017 vision so I don't think I can Leave them unplugEd.
I have had mine disconnected for about 900 mi now and no dash lights.
I don't recall anyone on here posting about check engine lights coming on when they disconnected the O2 sensors.
The resistors would just fool the ECU into enriching the mixture. But from what I determined these are narrow band O2 sensors so the ECU can lean the mixture to meet Emissions standards the biggest effect is after a cold start. I have not noticed any change in performance or driveability when cold and since I disconnected them after I installed my Stage 1 mufflers fuel controller and secondary filter, I can't comment on any change in performance attributed to just disconnecting them.
Just do it. I had a local shop owner tell me not to disconnect them as it could cause more harm than good but, later he admitted he was not familiar with the Vic 106 and after some research he recommended I disconnect them.
With the mods and Fuel controller the bike has better torque, better throttle response, runs noticeably cooler and just runs stronger all around.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I have had mine disconnected for about 900 mi now and no dash lights.
I don't recall anyone on here posting about check engine lights coming on when they disconnected the O2 sensors.
The resistors would just fool the ECU into enriching the mixture. But from what I determined these are narrow band O2 sensors so the ECU can lean the mixture to meet Emissions standards the biggest effect is after a cold start. I have not noticed any change in performance or driveability when cold and since I disconnected them after I installed my Stage 1 mufflers fuel controller and secondary filter, I can't comment on any change in performance attributed to just disconnecting them.
Just do it. I had a local shop owner tell me not to disconnect them as it could cause more harm than good but, later he admitted he was not familiar with the Vic 106 and after some research he recommended I disconnect them.
With the mods and Fuel controller the bike has better torque, better throttle response, runs noticeably cooler and just runs stronger all around.
there was a difference with the new '17 models as they had a different O2 plug setup. There are eliminators available, but sounds like he is looking for a way to manually unhook them and not get the CEL.

I'm unsure of the exact fix since mine is a '14 and just like you, I just plain unplugged them.

maybe someone with the newer style can weigh in.

Reactions: Texasbaehr

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

Removing the black wire and leaving the connectors connected will this prevent the check engine light from coming on? I have a 2017 vision so I don't think I can Leave them unplugEd.
Call @NOEMTZ , make a plan to make it run the way it should.

https://www.noemtz.com/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.