VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok how about any color cross bike stock fender? Or any front fender that bolts on a cross bike? Got in a minor accident and fender and front tire are junk. Starting to freak out from not riding!!!

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
is there a law anywhere that says one must have a mud guard over the front wheel. (That is a fender to you northerners).

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
In Oregon both wheels must have fenders. Also, headlight, tail light, brake light, turn signals, mirror(s), a horn and for some strange reason red reflectors on the sides at the rear and amber reflectors on the sides in the front. But, I've never had a bike inspected for any of these items here and seen modified bikes without front and/or rear fender. Also, see cars with no hood which is also illegal and blue and red lights in the front of the vehicle (i.e. angel eyes). My sabertooth lights strobe, which apparently isn't legal either. Oh, and I like to drive fast. So, in the grand scheme of things, I would imagine any cop who decides to write a "no fender" citation is just plain bored.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Be careful of "tode"ing as it could be dangerous...
Gas Font Event Tree Darkness

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Only a loser would ride fenderless on the front wheel.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I agree, a real man doesn't need tins or a seat.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jmstang302 not sure yet bud, was thinking of making it my test fender, get the welder out and make a different design. I will keep you in mind though

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
A couple of years ago I was on my way home from a week long trip. On the parkway about 70 miles from home it started raining.
I stopped under an overpass to put my rain gear on and it started pouring down. A few minutes later a guy on a Sportster with NO front fender stopped.
He was drenched and didn't have any rain gear (a local guy).
I asked what happened to your fender, he said I took it off this morning because it looks cool without it.
He said he's putting it back on when he gets home.
I smiled and told him to be careful and I was on my way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.