VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2010 Victory Cross Roads that points to the right when riding. I tried the method of loosening all the front end and bouncing a little to see if it settles... without luck. When bike front end is in the air ... it naturally points to the right also. I measured front forks from top to end for exact distance.
Also I check rear wheel alignment and real wheel position.
It points enough where my right elbow is bent and left arm is straight when grabbing the handlebars when riding. The distance from the top fork triple tree end to the tank are 1/4 inch difference. So that's how much it is pointing to one side.
No accidents. Any thoughts people? thx

nicholas

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
'ow does it ride with no hands?
Does it pull to the right?
If so... (unless yer the original owner without accidents) you've got a problem!
Triple-tree replacement may be in order?
:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Maybe it's not the bike, have you tried it with no rider?

I also wonder if it's the handlebars, logically speaking if it tracks to the right (or left) and the handlebars and triple tree are even and straight, it's got to be something worse. Wouldn't ride it in this condition if it was me?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Its not the wheel that's out of alignment, rather its the handlebars and tubes. You need to loosen the clamps up and twist the handlebar while keeping the front wheel locked in position. Check for a bent tube or cracked clamp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the feedback.
Yeah ... it rides very smooth on the road at all speeds.
My next step will be to take the forks off and lay them down and check for straightness. (They look straight on the bike but who knows)

thanks,
nicholas

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
If you loosen the triple tree pinch bolts the fender and wheel will aling the forks.

when you take forks off you should pull triple trees and check the stem with a straight edge. Grease the hell out of both bearings.
Torque stem nut to spec's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.