VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had them done once and the dealer did it. I hear it's easy so this one is on me. Is there a video out there on it? I saw one on WD but it's not for the Vision. If no video, any tips or things to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Not sure about Vision but on my 08 Kingpin I changed on the rear ones on the highway in like 10 min. On CCT takes about 20 min for front ones, only need one allen key and a flat/slot head screwdriver to push caliper piston back. Just remember which way that spring clip can off, and don't forget to pump up brakes before riding.
Regards

·
Registered
236 Posts
reassemble like it was disassembled. Remember clip orientation. allow for some brake fluid overage in both master cylinders when u squeeze pistons in. may need to spoon some out .

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Unbolt caliper. Wiggle it back and forth to slid them out.
You'll need a wide screwdriver to spread pads and push pistons all the way back in.
Just slid in the new ones. Pump lever a few time to get new pads to touch rotor.
Make sure you reuse the perforated metal backs if new ones don't have them.
Keep in mind your new pads will take a few stops before they really work.
Not knowing what year your bike is brake fluid is only good for 2 or 3 years. Replace it with Dot 4 and do your clutch master cylinder while your at it

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
I did my Vision. On a Vision, the pads drop in the way WD shows for rear brakes. If you remove the calipers to make it go easier, take a picture of the left side so you will know how to route the tubing during reassembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.