VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI

Victory wants $ 41.00 for a wheel bearing, front and rear (the same for 2003-2006 Kingpins and Vegas). The seals are 21.00 each. TALK ABOUT a RIPOFF!!

SEALS

http://www.ebatmus.com/

PART NBR
Description Price Each
692369 SMALL BORE SEALS 0.045LBS $ 2.37

BEARINGS

http://vbx.com

PART NBR Description Price Each

6304-2RS Bearing 20x52x15 Sealed $ 5.95

·
Registered
671 Posts
i just took the numbers off the bearings and went to a local bearing distibutor motion ind thay crossed the numbers had them in stock for under 5 bucks poped the seals out with out damaging them that was 3 years ago !!

·
Registered
158 Posts
jerrythekingpin said:
i just took the numbers off the bearings and went to a local bearing distibutor motion ind thay crossed the numbers had them in stock for under 5 bucks poped the seals out with out damaging them that was 3 years ago !!
how many miles did you get on the first set ????

·
Registered
671 Posts
i changed them out this past winter at about 29,000 mile i did not have any problems or noise i just figured at 29000 it would be a good idea even when i pulledthe old bearings out thay still felt fine i was putting on new tires anyway perfect time !!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only have 19,000 on mine and they are making a noise!! Will sound kind of like something grinding and will be worst on turns. It does not start by doing it all of the time.

So far, I found only one that is bad, but figured I would go ahead and change out all of them. According to my dealer, they should be changed about every 20K for the roads we ride around here. Mostly mountain roads with lots of hair pin curves. Straight away driving, they should last longer. The twisties put more pressure on the bearings as more weight is distributed on one side.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Looking to get some spare wheel bearings. Need some help please.

In the old thread above BIKERIDERGA referenced part number 6304-2RS. This is a sealed BALL bearing. Commonly used in water pumps.

Can someone who has looked please confirm this part number on the bearings that come from the factory. (I don't want to pry off a seal). Seems odd that ball bearings are used instead of CYLINDRICAL ROLLER bearings (NU 304) which have roughly twice the load rating.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Just an FYI. Wheel bearing problems are not only a Victory issue. I had a wheel bearing fail on my Buell Ulysses at around 10,000. Thankfully the dealer took care of all cost associated with it and returned the bike in a very timely manner. As has been stated in both previous posts and in various other threads you can get this bearing from an outside source for less money. Most likely wont be able to look it up by application so get the number off of the old bearings and go to your local auto parts store and have them cross reference them.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

·
Banned
3,010 Posts

This is what we offer and sold quite a few sets. Even have the installer tool available. USA made bearing not cheap china. Check it out. http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/474/victory-motorcycle-parts-suspension-jackpot-vegas-wheel-bearing-sc-185/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.