VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an unexpected change in Boardwalk access, Victory is making alternative parking plans for all Victory Riders attending the VRA Party at Daytona Bike Week on Friday, March 6.
Victory officials expect to learn specific directions forthe revised parking plan on Monday, February 23, from the Hilton Resort staff.Details of the new parking plan will be posted at once on the Victory websiteand other Victory-related sites.
The VRA Party is scheduled for Friday, March 6, from12:30-2:30 p.m. at the HiltonDaytona Beach Oceanfront Resort (100 N. Atlantic Ave./Hwy. A1A,Daytona Beach, FL 32118).
The revised plan will have Victory Riders accessing theBoardwalk from a street north of the Hilton rather than south of the resort.
Once Victory Riders reach the Boardwalk, they will bedirected to parking near the city band shell.
Victory Riders are asked to register in advance for the VRAParty. For party details (except parking details, which are forthcoming) and alink to registration:
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/VRA/NewsEvents/PartyReg09Day.htm
Hey, what's a party without a few last-minute changes?
There is no change to this parking detail: Individuals who park in the Hilton ramp will be responsible for their parking fees. Victory hasarranged the Boardwalk-area parking so all riders can park together withinsight of the party.

Stay tuned for updates. See you in Daytona!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
NOTE: The above post was placed by a Victory Rep. So, for those who are attending this event, check back on this thread for updates.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I just checked the Polaris/Victory website and here's what's up there on this topic:

DIRECTIONS
The partywill be held on the oceanfront terrace of the Hilton. VICTORY ISCURRENTLY (Feb. 23) CONFIRMING DIRECTIONS FOR YOU TO ACCESS PARKINGALONG THE BOARDWALK BY THE BANDSHELL.

DO NOT go to the Hilton's main guest entrance on Main Street. There are no provisions for free parking in the Hilton ramp; if you park there, you'll be responsible for parking charges.

PARKINGDETAILS WILL BE POSTED HERE AS SOON AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY THE HILTONSTAFF. LOOK FOR PARKING SPECIFICS TO BE POSTED HERE STARTING FEB. 24.

To view the area using an online map such as Google Maps or Mapquest, plug in this street address to see where the Hilton is:

100 N. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PARKING UPDATE for the MARCH 6 VRA PARTY at DAYTONA BIKE WEEKIn a nutshell: head north of the Hilton on Atlantic, and at Ora Street, turn toward the ocean. You'll go through a tunnel and park in the bandshell. - See you there! The official description:From the intersection of Main Street and Atlantic Avenue (A1A), travel north on Atlantic Avenue (A1A) - past the Hilton's front entrance - to Ora Street, where there is a traffic light.Take a right on Ora Street and go through the concrete tunnel. Once you come out of the tunnel, the Daytona Bandshell concert venue will be on your right, where Victory Rider parking has been arranged. Parking attendants will direct riders to the Victory-exclusive parking inside the Daytona Bandshell. Parking will be available starting at noon. From the parking area, you can walk up the steps to the North Terrace of the Hilton for the VRA Party. Signs will be also be posted to route Victory Riders to the parking area and the party.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Wow, that many bikes in a spot with one exit (atleast bike accessable), I think I'll pay for parking so I can leave when I want... Parking on the boardwalk would have been nicer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll be staying at the Hilton, which brings up a question: since Victory is picking up the tab for us Anniversary owners for 'lodging accomodations', do you think that will/would/should include the charge to park our bikes during our stay?

Regardless, I'm with Don: I too like to come and go as I please ... as well as being an impatient SOB to boot! The congestion at the boardwalk and VRA event at the band shell in combination with the traffic on and coming off Main Street will be unbearable for me.

I've stayed at the Hilton during Bike Week before; they charge $10 per day to park your bike in addition to the room charge. Saving grace is that the parking is in a multi-story, covered parking garage with a self-serve bike wash (read: tub of towels and a hose).

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Steve471 said:
LOL 50 feet I can handle that.

Drew since you stayed there previously do you know if they have the facilities or space to park a truck and trailer?
They do not have on site trailer parking but normally they have an offsite lot. I am not sure for bike week. If they do allow you to go in the garage be carefull of the clearance. I think it is only 7'2"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.