VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with John, from Freedom Shields (Harley Davidson Motorcycle Windshields), and he told me that he is hoping to get an Octane version of the windshield within the next month or two. Also, he said that there are about 3 other Octane owners - besides myself - waiting on them to get these windshield ready because the Indian Scout windshield bracket and design both do not fit the octane; the mounting hole measurements and the speedometer placement are different between the two. Out of all the windshields options out there, I think the Freedom Shields are just sooo sexy. :icon_rockwoot:

Just in case some of you guys would like more information, Freedom Shields made a direct replacement for the Indian Scout utilizing the OEM windshield brackets and a lot of those owners really loved the replacement windshield. Yes, they do not come with mounting brackets - just the windshield. John, whom is the owner for Freedom Shields, runs a small family business in Colorado that makes exceptional windshields for primarily HD and Indian motorcycles. Sizes available are 18, 20, 22, and 24 inches, with colors ranging from clear, light-grey, medium-grey, and dark-grey tint. You can get a general idea of what their windshields look like on the scout here.

I will be getting a 22" clear replacement and I will post pictures promptly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just got off the phone with John, from Freedom Shields (Harley Davidson Motorcycle Windshields), and he told me that he is hoping to get an Octane version of the windshield within the next month or two. Also, he said that there are about 3 other Octane owners - besides myself - waiting on them to get these windshield ready because the Indian Scout windshield bracket and design both do not fit the octane; the mounting hole measurements and the speedometer placement are different between the two. Out of all the windshields options out there, I think the Freedom Shields are just sooo sexy. :icon_rockwoot:

Just in case some of you guys would like more information, Freedom Shields made a direct replacement for the Indian Scout utilizing the OEM windshield brackets and a lot of those owners really loved the replacement windshield. Yes, they do not come with mounting brackets - just the windshield. John, whom is the owner for Freedom Shields, runs a small family business in Colorado that makes exceptional windshields for primarily HD and Indian motorcycles. Sizes available are 18, 20, 22, and 24 inches, with colors ranging from clear, light-grey, medium-grey, and dark-grey tint. You can get a general idea of what their windshields look like on the scout here.

I hope they make one that fits over the Octane mini fairing that is a quick removal and install. Because it's mot an Octane with the mini fairing removed. My opinion

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.