VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Virginia Victory riders!!! I will be moving to the Fredricksburg area in the next couple of months and I'm looking for some VA Vic riders to clue me in on where I can get my bike serviced, roads to ride and some folks to ride with. I don't like large groups, folks that use a little chemical pick me ups or heavy drinkers. I'm a proud Christian retired USAF member and while I'm not apposed to a couple of beers, I won't ride with folks that over indulge. I'd prefer to ride with 5 - 7 folks and I don't care what kind of bike you ride. I ride a 2015 Cross County and am looking forward to cruising the VA back roads, having a cold beer and telling lies about women I've never met.

Traveler

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Hahaha! We need to meet up some time! I’m down in the Richmond area, but I know most of the VA back roads and spend most of my time on two wheels out in the mountains and the back roads in between. I will occasionally have a beer with a meal on a ride, but that usually only happens if we are at a micro brew for our meal. Otherwise, drinking is reserved for after the ride.

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Forgot to mention, I don’t use dealerships. For performance or repairs that I don’t do myself, I use Nick Caitlin at 804 Motorsports in Richmond. His family used to own the local Victory dealership in Richmond. They sold it a few years before Polaris dropped Victory. Nick opened his own performance shop. He works on most bikes, but Victory is his background as he grew up with them at his family dealership. He knows his stuff and did a great job on my bike as well as a few friend’s bikes. One came down from Maryland for Nick to tune his bike after not being happy with the tune he got from Lloydz

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome! Second everything @Poseidon just said. I am located a little closer to you- in Hanover county NE of Richmond. I ride with @Poseidon quite a bit and as soon as @Squatch is back up and running we'll be getting some runs to the hills together soon.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Look west young man... there are lots of great roads to cruise and great places to go along the way.

Good day trip is to Skyline drive and have lunch at Big Medeows, 221 up aand 33 down makes for some great twisted road.

Culpeper hit the dinner make a runnup Elly's Ford to Rt 3

BRP..... nough said.

Little closer to home is RT218 F burg to Dahlgren... 30 miles of twisted two lane.

The Pizza at Seneca Rocks is fair the view is fantastic and the road to RT33 West will fill your soul.

A weekend in WV.... almost heaven...on two wheels.

@Poseidon and @JudgeRedd are great folks to run with and they will take care of you too.

Cheers

Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
@Traveler have you moved to VA yet? All settled in? Hit us up for a ride when you are ready to hit the Mountains.

@Squatch It's about time for us to start planning a Pizza Run isn't it? Maybe mid August - 8/11 or 8/18 would be good. Need to do it before the days start getting too short.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
@Traveler have you moved to VA yet? All settled in? Hit us up for a ride when you are ready to hit the Mountains.

@Squatch It's about time for us to start planning a Pizza Run isn't it? Maybe mid August - 8/11 or 8/18 would be good. Need to do it before the days start getting too short.
Funny @PJRo and I were just talking about a pizza run. 8/11 I'm out of pocket. 18th works for me. Pete? Larry? Sean you plan it and I will be there!

Cheers my friend.

@Traveler you in?

Reactions: Poseidon

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Funny @PJRo and I were just talking about a pizza run. 8/11 I'm out of pocket. 18th works for me. Pete? Larry? Sean you plan it and I will be there!

Cheers my friend.

@Traveler you in?
possibly .... will need to check the calendar .

I like pizza.

Peter

·
Registered
5,092 Posts

Cheers my friend.

@Traveler you in?
I'll start a new thread on it. :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: Squatch

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I'll be moved into Fredericksburg on or about the 22nd of Aug. Looking forward to crushing the back roads of VA.
If you want to take a break from unpacking, join us on the Pizza Run 8/25. I tagged you in the thread. You should have a "alert" on it at the top right corner of this page.

Reactions: Pathfinder27

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just stumbled onto this thread. I'm located in Mechanicsville just off of I-95. I bought my first Victory Hammer on July 4th. I don't have a ton of riding experience, but I'd love to get in on some local rides until I build skill and stamina needed for some of the longer rides out to WV. I look forward to meeting some of you guys soon!

·
Registered
121 Posts
View attachment 492149

There's a poker run on August 11, 2018 to raise money for a local Marine who was paralyzed on his bike. He was the victim of a hit and run so we've been working to get some construction updates to his house, specifically the wheel chair ramp out front. It's run by all the vet clubs in the area, mine included, but it's open to the public. It'd be a chance to get out and ride in the area and see some roads.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I just stumbled onto this thread. I'm located in Mechanicsville just off of I-95. I bought my first Victory Hammer on July 4th. I don't have a ton of riding experience, but I'd love to get in on some local rides until I build skill and stamina needed for some of the longer rides out to WV. I look forward to meeting some of you guys soon!
Welcome to the madness. WV is not a long ride it is only about 200 mile one way. @Half_Crazy will ride a bit under 500 for that run.

Skills are built thru training, see if you can find a few courses in teh area and learn soem standard skillsets. Ride like a Pro for slow speed, Street smarts I think is in teh F Burg area, and Total control fo rhe basics in high speed skills.

By all means you are welcome to come ride withthis bunch of a$$hats anyday. Look up the Pizza run thread and come join the fray.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vic Masters, I'll need a place to store my motorcycle trailer in the Fredericksburg area. Any ideas? I have a razor trailer that about 12 feet long.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha! We need to meet up some time! I'm down in the Richmond area, but I know most of the VA back roads and spend most of my time on two wheels out in the mountains and the back roads in between. I will occasionally have a beer with a meal on a ride, but that usually only happens if we are at a micro brew for our meal. Otherwise, drinking is reserved for after the ride.
Any ideal where I could store my trailer full time that wouldn't cost me a ton?'

Thanks, Traveler

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I’m not familiar with Fredericksburg storage locations at all. Down where I’m at, there are several RV and Boat storage lots that are reasonably priced.

I’m about 1-1.5 hours south of Fredericksburg (pending traffic)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.