VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about installing Accutronix forward controls on my '08 Jackpot. The info indicated that the pegs will be relocated 2" forward and 1" higher. From what I can find out, the mounting holes and spacing are identical on all recent Vics [KP, JP and Vegas] - is this correct?
Does anyone have experience with the installation of these forward controls? Is a new brake line and shift linkage required? The installation seems fairly simple - just bolt on, bleed the rear brake line and adjust the shift linkage.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I finally got around to installing new forward controls. I went with Supreme Legends because they raised the controls up 1", as well as forward 1.5". The pegs also extend out 2" more than the stock pegs to allow a more natural foot position. So far, the position of the pegs are considerably more comfortable than the stock pegs. One drawback is that I lose about a 1 degree of lean angle, due to the peg length, but it's worth the comfort.
The shifter motion required to change gears is reduced given the advantage of a lever. However It will take practice to find neutral. I'll need to tweak the linkage a little.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

They look nice!

·
Registered
223 Posts

Victory has a their own option to move your stockcontrols forward. I had them do it on my 09 but i'm just a little too short at 5'8". And found it to be a bit of a "stretch". LOL
I went back to stock and got some Kuryakyn pegs that open out and up to stretch my legs.
Should be much cheaper than foward controls. Isn't this option available on all model year JP's?

·
Registered
167 Posts
zork52 said:
Victory has a their own option to move your stockcontrols forward. I had them do it on my 09 but i'm just a little too short at 5'8". And found it to be a bit of a "stretch". LOL
I went back to stock and got some Kuryakyn pegs that open out and up to stretch my legs.
Should be much cheaper than foward controls. Isn't this option available on all model year JP's?
Are you talking about the Kuryakyn Swing Blade foot pegs? If so how do you like them? as I am looking to buy some but wanted some input from someone that has used them.

·
Registered
223 Posts

I've had no problems with the swing wing pegs, other that the biggest rubber pad on one side is coming unglued.
Disappointing since I've only had them a little while before winter came. And also the crush washer that allows the footpeg to stay folded up does not work.
Comfort wise they work ok, as I "toe out my feet" and it allows me to stretch out a bit. I'm VERY borderline with just being aCH too short.
Many factors like what seat you have on which will change your comfort zone.
Bottom line, they work well for me. email me at [email protected] if you have questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.