VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have a leaking fork seal on my 2002 TCD.Victory OEM fork seals are about $82 for a pair and I wanted to know if anyone had any luck finding a better price.I have seen them on Ebay for about $28 for a pair but seller feed back was less than I want to deal with.I have a manual and will be changing them myself.Any tips or tricks you may have will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I was going to, even purchased them. Last minute got a great deal on a chromed front end. Either way, it does not look that hard. Should change the oil anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have changed a few fork seals in the past but that was on dirt bikes and many years ago.If I remember correctly a pair of seals were around $12.I know everything is more expensive these days but I definitely had sticker shock when I saw what Victory wanted for a pair of fork seals.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Various Emails to several Vic dealers and no response.I guess they are making too much money.I guess it's Ebay for my fork seals.Thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did them on a one of my dirt bikes ONCE and it sucked. I realize the spring loads are different from dirt bikes to road bikes however I promised myself I would never do that job again.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts

The seals for the TC are 45x58x11.

This seal also fits 99-01 "C" models, all TC and CC 02-06 and 08 Vision with the Marz forks.

I usually pulll the forks apart, see what is needed as far as bushings. Many times the bushings are good and you can rebuild with new seals and save lots of $.

·
Registered
380 Posts

go into video section, there are 2 videos on how to change, excellent video, step by step, and also has the kit on the video you can order, i watched both video's, looks very easy

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts

Get in touch with Witchdoctor. He sells the kit and has a video posted on doing my forks. One video for disassembly and one for assembly. Find out what oil weight you need also and the amount used for your application. Its pretty straight forward. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.