VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tooks some guess work before ordering. but my buddy had a reasonably priced set of Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs and im going on a 4k mile trip in a month that i think i could use them.

so, here is what i bought:
1.) Kuryakyn 7599 Black Longhorn Offset Trident Dually Peg (from my friend, but available on amazon $159)
2.) Kuryakyn Peg Mount Magnum Short //2"-13 Mounting bolts (buywitchdoctors.com $30.59 )
3.) BuyWitchdoctors WD-HWBP Highway Peg Mount Black for forged bars $59.99

Steps:
1.) remove JTD lowers (3 nuts with washers hold it in place, i used a long 1/4 drive socket and a short 1/4 drive socket)
2.) place the mounts in place
3.) apply locktite to the supplied bolts and washers.
4.) place the jtd lowers back on with the 3 nuts and washers
5.) install the peg mounts in place with the chrome head of the hardware facing the back of the bike.
6.) install the peg and washer in place
7.) apply locktite again to any hardware with threads.
8.) tighted down but pay attention to the angle of the peg when folded up to the angle on the forged bar. make it parallel. (see pic below)

all done

and they work great. ive already smashed my shin into it 5 times. lol

i did go for a ride yesterday even though it showed in the triple digits. figured i might as well get used to this heat. new mexico, arizona, nevada, and utah wont be any cooler.
:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
ISO®-Pegs | Footpegs, Shift Pegs & Brake Pedal Pads | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn I thought I liked those. Then I saw the smaller ones. They would work enough for my needs. Right now flying without them and not really missing them at all.

How do you like those pegs? Do you wear shoes or boots? Do you think they promote slipping off when shifting?

Leaders RPM has the matching Floor boards for $199. I'm still not 100 percent sold on buying those. Again they are all chrome with some jagged lines for traction. Slippery?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I have a similar set up on my engine guards. I have mine set so the ball of my foot is on the highway pegs and my heel is on the corner of the floor boards. :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: 3rdElement

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ISO®-Pegs | Footpegs, Shift Pegs & Brake Pedal Pads | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn I thought I liked those. Then I saw the smaller ones. They would work enough for my needs. Right now flying without them and not really missing them at all.

How do you like those pegs? Do you wear shoes or boots? Do you think they promote slipping off when shifting?

Leaders RPM has the matching Floor boards for $199. I'm still not 100 percent sold on buying those. Again they are all chrome with some jagged lines for traction. Slippery?
I love how much traction these highpegs have on them. there is a reason most goldwings have them. they work well. I like the victory floor boards. would love to find a set of billet ones someday. but really it is just a place to have my dirty shoes sit while i ride...i dont need it pretty. i need it functional

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a similar set up on my engine guards. I have mine set so the ball of my foot is on the highway pegs and my heel is on the corner of the floor boards. :icon_thumleft:
I am slowly getting used to them. I am not used to having anything in that area besides the shifter so now i have to pay attention to where my foot is landing when trying to shift.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I am slowly getting used to them. I am not used to having anything in that area besides the shifter so now i have to pay attention to where my foot is landing when trying to shift.
A day or so into your trip, you will wonder how you ever rode without them.

Reactions: 3rdElement

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A day or so into your trip, you will wonder how you ever rode without them.
just riding in the mountains this weekend and to work...was awesome.

Reactions: Poseidon
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.