VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd try this WonVon split screen. Dual cameras. Requires a 32gb Tf, micro sd card. Loop recording but you can save a section. I figured for $65 I'd try it because I want safety and I can take out sd card and put in my old LG G3 phone so to splice and compress , post
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Plant Digital camera Automotive tire Gadget
Vehicle Communication Device Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gadget
Plant Motor vehicle Gadget Mode of transport Digital camera
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Barware Automotive exterior
with simplicity. Used points soooo. Longevity is the concern. Still have to permanently install cameras. 3m tape comes with it. Screen is crystal clear but in pics looks grainy, I still have screen protector on in case I need to return. I may not mount back so I can adjust when doggie on rack. Thinking it thru.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
Go see KEVINX.....SEE all the HD'S BEHIND you :rofl2:

Reactions: Oldman47

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
For a short time I used a back up camera on an old cafe racer that did not have mirrors.
Had a tiny little screen & both the camera & screen vibrated so it was just a blur.
Hey! I thought it was a good idea.

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
LOVE the rear camera on my 2017 2500HD.....easy hook up to my trailer :dance:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
LOVE the rear camera on my 2017 2500HD.....easy hook up to my trailer :dance:
I have always loved watchin "the wife" try to help "the husband" back up the truck to hitch the trailer or to back up the trailer.

"It's OK, c'mon back, little to the left, NO THE LEFT! YER OTHER LEFT! STOP! STOP!" crunch.

• Haha
Reactions: Oldman47

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The point has nothing to do with backing up, rather backup, it's safety. Having front and rear recordings helps keep the lurking cager at bay for me. But mainly so I can keep an eye on Waggles, my dog, when he's onboard while peeking at rear camera. Legal for sure if rear ended or something ahead and warned perhaps so my cat like reflexes get a chance. I literally am alone and a recording in an event will hopefully prove helpful whether it be for legal or so my distant family could know the truth. It's cheap too. Precautionary is the word and having simple means to save, compress, send is nice. I'm not buying another computer so the phone apps are the deal for me. Just to easy. We'll see... So many uses. Believe me you think much differently when you have absolutely no one for help or support. You all are about the only people I know. Really, Sooo... Anyway I like it... Stay safe.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I like the idea of recording everything, very cool and potentially very useful. However, my concern is that you might find yourself looking at your phone instead of the road.

I have been with more than one person that was using a map-app on their phone while leading and then missed a turn at the HUGE road sign that clearly detailed which way we should go.

Please use caution @BrotherWind and don't be temped to look at your phone too often or for too long.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of recording everything, very cool and potentially very useful. However, my concern is that you might find yourself looking at your phone instead of the road.

I have been with more than one person that was using a map-app on their phone while leading and then missed a turn at the HUGE road sign that clearly detailed which way we should go.

Please use caution @BrotherWind and don't be temped to look at your phone too often or for too long.
I agree, except it's not a phone. I also have it so you're not staring at it. My phone is bluetoothed to stereo so I can use my handle controls. I also have gps and don't stare. Just glances. No one is more defensive than me on the road, bike or auto. Being a sailing capt I learned to always give way, observe and react accordingly. Never text!!! while driving anything. Just an occasional look at the pup, don't want to be a Griswald.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.