VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for a bike at the end of Nov. 09', the Vic Rep at that time stated it would be in mid Dec. 09'...well Dec came and went and now Jan has come and gone and still no bike...The dealer, I trust since I have know the owners personally for over 20 years...
Now the Vic Rep is saying that the production line will not even start up for 2010untilFeb 1st..what the Hell????
So now I'm looking at a least the end of Feb or March before I see anything...
Victory should have been more honest with me when they took my deposit and told me that it would be4 months before I saw a bike, I would have not wasted my time, I would have just went and bought a HD Street Glide and been done with it... The thing that really sucked is I have not ridden my current bike since then either because of the trade deal I have going on it with the currentmileage. I also have had to get my financing deal with Victory extended three times because the quote is only good for 30 days.
Victory's marketing sucks.... I will be walking across the street from my Vic Dealer to talk to the guys at the HD dealer, ifthey can match the deal, I will riding and HD, not because I didn't want to buy another Victory but because I'm getting jerked around...and for $24,000 I expect a little service for my money...

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Sorry to hear about this situation. While I can't fix it, I can tell you what I did when I ordered the Spyder in October and possibly, provide some advice:

Since my riding season is from November through mid-May, I placed a clause in the purchase agreement that stated that if it wasn't delivered by February 1st, the dealer would refund the deposit. This kept the lines of communication open and I didn't have to bother them too often as I knew that I'd either be riding or have my deposit "cheerfully" refunded without any issues. Trust me, Dealers want to sell bikes and don't want to lose customers. Having a clause like this in a purchase agreement might give the Dealer a bit of leverage in dealing with the factory as they can honestly state that if they don't ship by the promised date, both the Dealer and the Factory will lose a customer.

In my case, it arrived well before the contract's termination date.

Getting things in writing leaves little to the imagination and allows all parties to remain cordial throughout the waiting period and spells-out what happens should they miss the promised delivery date.

Your situation seems a bit different than mine as since the Victory Representative promised you a December delivery date and missed it, they also cost you some $$$ as you missed out on the tax incentives and some of the year end bonuses. I'd recommend having the dealer setup a meeting with you and the Rep to discuss this and to seek an amicable solution.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im not sure that I would change brands but I would have my dealer looking at honoring the deal while you add some miles to your trade in. Just a thought as you have known the dealer principal for a long time. This might take the heat off of the relationship, and of course keep you on a Vic.

·
Registered
239 Posts

I ordered mine in Oct. it was promised mid Nov. it came in Dec. 18th.
The CC is superior IMHO to HD in all respects except perhaps resale.
I'd suggest you work it out with the dealer in terms of dollars, otherwise walk. You may want to check out other vic dealers too before turning to HD.
I had an order in for a '10 roadglide which I cancelled in favor of the CC.
Rocketman has some solid advice also. Good luck with your efforts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered mine in sept/ oct would have to look at the paper work for the date but mine just came in last week. I was not happy with Vic but I wouldn't havegone through with the deal if I didn't like the CC so much. The other factor wasmy wife and Irented SG for day andwe wereso disappointed with the ride we orded the CC the next week.You have waited this long to get a great bike. I was lucky enough to get to test ride one at Randy's in IL while mine was on order. I can say you won't be disappointed I know I made the right choice in the CC. I would meet with thedealer to get a deal worked out to ride yours or an additional discount for thetroubles in getting yourbike.GL

·
Registered
1 Posts

I live in Spirit Lake, home of Victory, and I happen to know they never stopped production of the bikes. Dec & Jan have been really bad months for production. Several snow storms and a couple of small ice storms. Several days of production were lossed due to the winter weather. Hasn't been a very nice winter in NW Iowa this winter.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I know this probably does not help much, but look at it this way. The later in production your bike comes out the better chance you have of receiving a bike that has had some bugs worked out - slipstreaming is what they call it. I ordered my bike around the same time you did, and have yet to see it arrive as well, and now I don't expect to see it until March myself. Not as big of a deal to me since I am in the midwest and the weather sucks. I know that the service network and the dealer support for Victory is not on par with HD, but I am ok with that as well, just because the XC is such a superior machine to what HD sells.
So the short story for me is that I am willing to be patient for a bike with more power, better handling, and far better dependability (IMHO) of that from HD. I am not a HD basher either, I think they are the defacto standard for classic American motorcycles, and I have always liked the look of their bikes.
Be patient, I think you will be glad you did. You might want to call other dealers in CA and see if they have what you want. I know I could have gotten my bike from a different dealer (they had it on the floor - unsold), but opted to stay with the dealer I am working through currently because of their reputation.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I would find out if ANY dealer has what you want , have them look into a dealer trade. Or see what they have in the way of loaner bikes and tell them you want one until your bike shows up. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
These stories of XC delivery problems perplex me when I see other dealers having already DELIVERED 3, 4, 5 or even 7 XC's since early November.

I can't believe Victory is not aware of these problems. It sounds to me like there are other issues between Victory and your dealer that you aren't aware of. If I were your dealer I would be furious with Victory and I certainly wouldn't be letting a customer talk directly to my Vic rep, I would ripping my Vic rep a new ass hole.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks guys...all you have some really good advice on this issue which is great...
I guess for me Victory has already pissed me off because they did not deliver the bike when promised, I miss out the on tax incentive as well as the $500 coupon that Victory refused to extend for me even though they were the ones that could not deliver the bike on time. With the sales tax here being 9.75% and the bike registration being around $300 a year, anything would have helped out.
I do agree that the Victory is a better bike than the HD, but I can't get over the lack of customer service from a company that wants to sell you a high priced bike like the XC. I know the bike is a good bike but should I have to jump through hoops to get one or put up with sh*&% customer service, last time I looked we were still in a Depression...or Politically Correct "Recession".....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I am sure the dealer would love to see you on the new bike he wantedto sell you. The economy sucks and they want to move what ever they can. To bad people just cant get an honest answer. To much BS in the world.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Sounds like you have a lack of customer service from your DEALER, not Victory. Buying an HD does nothing to hurt Victory since you're not refuseing a bike that's available anyway. Walking across the street to buy what you call an 'inferior' product just sounds silly IMHO. The bike you want IS available, just not from the dealer you chose to order from. Like others have said, either talk directly to Victory regarding your situation, find the bike you want at another dealer or get something else. Pretty simple really.

All the best to you,

mark

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
randysfishing said:
I am sure the dealer would love to see you on the new bike he wantedto sell you. The economy sucks and they want to move what ever they can. To bad people just cant get an honest answer. To much BS in the world.
Sure glad we have none of that on THIS site !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Chicago_Mark said:
Sounds like you have a lack of customer service from your DEALER, not Victory. Buying an HD does nothing to hurt Victory since you're not refuseing a bike that's available anyway. Walking across the street to buy what you call an 'inferior' product just sounds silly IMHO. The bike you want IS available, just not from the dealer you chose to order from. Like others have said, either talk directly to Victory regarding your situation, find the bike you want at another dealer or get something else. Pretty simple really.

All the best to you,

mark
Mark,
Another dealer means driving at least 300 miles to another state to buy the bike, then you have issues with CARB emissons that the bike has to meet in order to Reg it in California...if it was as simple as going to another state I would have already done so... if you buy a used bike that is already Reg in another state it's much easier...
I have already talked to the dealer and called Victory...when you call Voctory you get a Data Entry Person that types up your complaint, then you get a Supervisor to call you back just to tell you that they have NO POWER to change the out come our your complaint...
Again the main complaints here as POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and lack of Delivery by the promised date...I guess that I'm the odd one here, I expect to at least get some service until I roll the thing out the door!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Call G&G Powersports (Wisc)or Randy's Cycle (IL) tell them what you want a price ona delivered cost wouldto your door. I heard they had some of the Cross bikes. Shipping really does not cost that much.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
bubba said:
Call G&G Powersports (Wisc)or Randy's Cycle (IL) tell them what you want a price ona delivered cost wouldto your door. I heard they had some of the Cross bikes. Shipping really does not cost that much.
He can not do that, an IL dealer CAN NOT sell a bike to a California resident unless that resident is going to register the bike in a state other than CA and is not going to bring that bike into CA. His ONLY option is to find another dealer in CA.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Dirt_Sample said:
Another dealer means driving at least 300 miles to another state to buy the bike,
That's the part that confuses me. I don't know where you live but I punched in Riverside and got 6 dealers within 50 miles. I don't know the count but I would suspect there are at least 20 Victory dealers in CA, did you call every one?

I'm also confused about who is actually feeding you info. In your opening comments you use the term "Vic Rep" then later you talk about the only person you've talked to at Vic corporate is the customer service help line. Am I missing something?

You obviously weren't in the market for a bike a few years ago when Harley was at it's peak. If you were you would be used to broken promises, 6 to 9 month delays in product delivery and shady dealers who would take your deposit then sell the bike out from under you if someone came in and offered more money.

Being 1 or 2 months late on a brand new model in a restricted market (CARB) isn't all that terrible, what sucks is Vic and / or your dealer not stepping up and honoring your expired coupon.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Did not realize that he was in Cali, no wounder he can't get the bike, they are waiting on that funky canister! :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
As an FYI, I believe Santa Rosa V-Twins has an available XC on their floor, same with Arlen Ness and Delta Powersports in Lathrop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your dealer droped the ball. IMHO! If there were bikes available in your state and especially in your immediate area, your dealer should have pressured the rep. to do a dealer exchange. Having said this, I heard Polaris is changing their rep. structure around. Reps. will now be Polaris reps not just Victory reps. This doesn't help your situation but sometimes just knowing helps. I'll never understand why companies will not justtell the truth tothe customer when they are having a problem. Customers are generally more patient when you just level with them. Untill Polaris gets this, their customer service dept. is a waist of company resorces that only adds cost to production and cost to customers with out providing any value.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.