VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH NO, NOT ANOTHER OIL REVIEW

Since we have a lot of discussions on here about oils I decided to go to the Experts in this field, they put it to me this way.
On my left you have 20W50 and on my Right you have 10W40.
Now where you are locatedand how you ride you might only just use one, like if you are froma North or Southern Region.
Also if you are an extreme rider as some of you are and like to push your ride to the limityou just might even have a use for both.
Now both are a Full Synthetic with a JASO-MA rating and are good to go, even if you have a wet clutch.
I hope this makes it easier for those of you who can't decide which oil to use.

Try Amsoil and see the results for yourself.
Note: I use Victorys 20W-40 Semi-Synthetic with equally good results my self.

Note: Not for use on the BRP Spyder as they use that Good Ole Canadian Tar Sands Goo.
OneThumb

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

dsjr70 said:
Yep, need one for the morning, one for the afternoon and both at night....
If you change your oil that often it will end up costing you a fortune, By the way I thought you were the one who wanted to extend his oil changes to save money.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
OneThumb said:
dsjr70 said:
Yep, need one for the morning, one for the afternoon and both at night....
If you change your oil that often it will end up costing you a fortune, By the way I thought you were the one who wanted to extend his oil changes to save money.
Oil changes will cost a fortune but when done properly save you in the long run. Not sure if that applies here, those look like some pricy oils... May have to switch to the Rotella version to save some money...lol

·
Registered
326 Posts

From Amsoil's website.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx
APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil is recommended for liquid or air-cooled 4-stroke engines. It meets SAE 80W/90, API GL-1 gear oil requirements and is recommended for transmissions on both 4- and 2-stroke motorcycles. AMSOIL MCF is recommended for Honda®, Kawasaki®, Yamaha®, Suzuki®, BMW®, Husqvarna®, Victory® and other motorcycles where 10W-40 or 20W-40 engine oils or SAE 80W/90, GL-1 gear oils are used.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Barry said:
From Amsoil's website.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx
APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil is recommended for liquid or air-cooled 4-stroke engines. It meets SAE 80W/90, API GL-1 gear oil requirements and is recommended for transmissions on both 4- and 2-stroke motorcycles. AMSOIL MCF is recommended for Honda®, Kawasaki®, Yamaha®, Suzuki®, BMW®, Husqvarna®, Victory® and other motorcycles where 10W-40 or 20W-40 engine oils or SAE 80W/90, GL-1 gear oils are used.
Dont go getting serious on us.... That could get ugly...lol

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I may have to get two bikes so that I can try different types of oils!

And OneThumb, you're correct as "your" oils will NOT work on the Spyder. But, I did some research and found an oil that would work...

Without reading the technical specs on the various oils, I think it has something to do with the Spyder's increased storage space!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just checked and my dipstick says I am a quart low. I forgot if I used 20/50 or 10/40 last time so I will take both. That way I will have one on the shelf for next time and will be able to give a proper review of which one has a better friction protection quality. Do you think this will help with another problem. Something about a floppy disc, harddrive and RAM. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andy said:
I may have to get two bikes so that I can try different types of oils!

And OneThumb, you're correct as "your" oils will NOT work on the Spyder. But, I did some research and found an oil that would work...

Without reading the technical specs on the various oils, I think it has something to do with the Spyder's increased storage space!
Andy,
It would be likeyou to find one of those multi-blended oils

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.