VOG Forum banner

Foot Peg Lock Pin

4877 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  KEWOOSKI
I read the couple of other threads from 2013, 2012 and 2011 but found nothing more recent. What started as a simple upgrade project has turned into needless complications!

I read the threads and watched the YouTube videos and the one from WitchDoctors that shows you how to REMOVE the lock pin from the passenger foot pegs. Folks do crazy things like dental picks and dental floss and hammer and screwdriver the teeny tiny LOCK RING Jesus clip that holds the pin in place.

That is all WELL AND GOOD if all you want to do is REMOVE the dang thing.

NO ONE talks about taking them off and RE USING the lock pin and clip assembly (well one guy said he took the clip off but it was a pain to put it back on).

No one talked about going down to their local Vic dealer and getting new clips. No one mentioned an easy order process to get new ones with part numbers, et etc. Couple of folks talked about using C clips from a hardware store but no mention of size or anything easy other than brining the pin to the store and hand matching up a clip that works..

My problem is THIS. I need to re use the entire assembly because the Kuryakyn foot pegs I ordered to replace my stock ones say conveniently in the instructions:

1. Simply and magically effing remove the OEM lock pin assembly and set it aside to re use it.

That's it, no pics, no guides, no mention of Jesus clips, just somehow magically effing remove the assembly.

So......has ANYONE safely removed the teeny tiny Jesus clips on the passenger foot peg lock pins and re used them?

I already have plan B in the works in that I ordered new lock pins assemblies from WitchDoctors that do not use any teeny tiny Jesus clips but nice shiny chromed out bolt and acorn nut assemblies. NICE.

Just want to see what everyone else is doing since I cannot be the only person on the VOG that wants to replace the stock passenger foot pegs on my Ness Magnum (same pegs as on XC, et al).

Well?

K ;-)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
There is no reusing them. I bought a couple of different size "E" clips and retaining rings. Then finessed them until they worked. Not gonna lie it sucked.

Reactions: Kenstah

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no reusing them. I bought a couple of different size "E" clips and retaining rings. Then finessed them until they worked. Not gonna lie it sucked.
That seem to be the consensus...it sucks!!!

K ;-)

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah you can't re- use those worthless little POS's. 1/4" external snap rings from ACE hardware. 9c each.

I looked a little bit (I wasn't obsessed with having a set)- never did find a set of snap ring pliers to put the little motherf&^*! ers back on with.. Tiny. Was able to get them back on with a set of hobby pliers.

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just as a follow up, I was able to remove the little lock ring using a dental pick and a small jewelers flathead screwdriver. Peeled them off like a curly Q French fry and was able to put them back on for re use. I'm not reusing them now as I replaced the stock pins with ones from WD's but I saved them as I do ALL my VIc parts...cuz one day you WILL need them cuz they don't make them anymore!

K

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the finished project!

K ;-)

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motorcycle Tread
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.