VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using any auxiliary lights on the bars or forks that you're happy with? I see lots of the BMW touring and Harley cruisers with a 3 light setup and it seems like it would help for night riding. I'm sure there's nothing Octane specific but wanted to see if anyone had a setup that they liked

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's something I found after a quick search for "victory octane led accessory":
Motorcycle / Cruiser Show Chrome Driving Lights Fork Mount - 1(509)466-3410
I use those same LED lights, except with black cases, on my CC. I bought the brackets to mount them on my turn signal stalks, right next to the headlight. They greatly improve my night vision, and they light up the width of the road to help see if any critters might be coming up out of the ditch! The main advantage for me is they make me more visible to other drivers, day or night. Just make sure you aim them...the same center height - at 25 or 30 feet - as your low beam and a few inches - like 6 maybe? - to either side. If you mount them lower than your headlight you obviously will have to aim them proportionately lower to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought the "Komy lights" linked below. I wanted these because they are pretty bright off road lights, but DIMMABLE so I can run them on the street. If you aren't good with wiring in relays, look elsewhere. I have these hooked up to a separate switch so that I can run the bike with just the headlight, both low or high beam. When I turn these on they are completely dimmed down to the lowest setting. When I put the high beam on, the bikes high beam comes on along with these lights. You absolutely cannot use these lights on hight beam with ANY oncoming traffic, or they will be blinded. I use them on back roads late at night, and only when I can see that there are no cars coming from the opposite direction.
3500LM Cree Led Light x2 - 2allbuyer

·
Registered
404 Posts
@Yago20 - The case on my first set of Komy lights turned bronze within 3 months. It tooks months to get a new set because he was changing the annodizing to prevent that. 2nd set - one turned bronze within months and the other light stopped working. You have to syncronize the brightness of both light. It's not plug and play. You have to patch it in. The handle bar switch was meant for 1" bars and mine didn't fit.

I now have 6000 lumen LEDs from Advmonster. A little more money. Plug and play. Super easy to install. American.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
724 Posts
anyone using any auxiliary lights on the bars or forks that you're happy with? I see lots of the BMW touring and Harley cruisers with a 3 light setup and it seems like it would help for night riding. I'm sure there's nothing Octane specific but wanted to see if anyone had a setup that they liked
I installed these

Amazon.com: Show Chrome Accessories 55-365L Highway bar Mini LED Light Kit (1 1/4"),1 Pack: Automotive

about 6 months back and they've been working well so far. I think it's the same lights as what broggyr posted but it seems different mounts. You can get the lights only with mounts at victoryonly. They are very bright (see pic)

View attachment 494655

and along with LED headlight and low tone horn the best money spent safety wise.

One thing to keep in mind is that the lights are not waterproof. To operate under wet conditions, what I did was open up the housing and apply silicon grease at the edge of the lens/reflector enclosure and at the back where the wire exists from the housing. Has held up under rain and washing the bike.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have THESE on the road bar of my CC and they are on sale right now. They are a bit pricey but are very well made and throw a helluva beam way down the road.. My favorite feature is they come complete with a harness the hooks into your high/low beam switch so they're on high when your high beams are on and dim when you dim your headlight.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have THESE on the road bar of my CC and they are on sale right now. They are a bit pricey but are very well made and throw a helluva beam way down the road.. My favorite feature is they come complete with a harness the hooks into your high/low beam switch so they're on high when your high beams are on and dim when you dim your headlight.
Can you share a pic of how you have these installed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.