VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West bound on I 80 last saturday morning and as usual watching the bikes as they go by me and darned if a CC with skull paint job went by me. Long brown hair flying out back of the helmet, had to be you Fishwitch, and so much for her stories of riding gently along enjoying the scenery....you was moving right along.....So tell give us an update on how you rate Skully vs the KP......Would have offered to buy you a cup of joe but darned hard to get 9500 gals of propane up to your speed.........

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hmmm..wasn't me on Saturday I was headed westbound on Friday AM. I slept all day Saturday!

There's a lot of features I love about Skully but the bike is really big for me. I freak out on slow maneuvers which I'm not great at on my best day. Side hills also freak me out because my reach is a bit short. Once I'm going I'm ok! Love the big gas tank and storage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Funny.... I am a big guy and I really didn't like the CC when I testroad it. It seemed very front end heavy. didn't seem to be as balanced as I would have liked....... Well I guess that is why they make different models...... The CC is a beautiful looking bike though but I will stick wit my Hammer......

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

Sydney Fish-dawg, I'm really looking forward to your thoughts & comparisons on the X-Country vs. the KP. Both are great bikes. Now that they both have the 106 - very interesting.
Take care!! Remember my mottoo: "Ride safe - Ride fast!!" LOL!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I totally agree with Fishy. I am 5'4'' and I have to stretch to reach the toe shifter on the CC. In general the rider "compartment" is to long for me. Rather than start modifying the seat, bars, and so on, I got a bike that fit me right out of the gate, a Vision 8 Ball.
Go Fishy!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
FishWitch said:
Hmmm..wasn't me on Saturday I was headed westbound on Friday AM. I slept all day Saturday!

There's a lot of features I love about Skully but the bike is really big for me. I freak out on slow maneuvers which I'm not great at on my best day. Side hills also freak me out because my reach is a bit short. Once I'm going I'm ok! Love the big gas tank and storage.
Now that you have put a lot of seat time on the Cross Country, will you be posting a comparison review of it vs. your Kingpin here?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Darnell said:
I totally agree with Fishy. I am 5'4'' and I have to stretch to reach the toe shifter on the CC. In general the rider "compartment" is to long for me. Rather than start modifying the seat, bars, and so on, I got a bike that fit me right out of the gate, a Vision 8 Ball.
Go Fishy!
Did you know that the Shifter and brake controls are adjustable on the XC and XR? There are three holes and are set at the factory in the center slot. Not sure if the VV has this option or not.

So you don't have to buy a reloction kit and can adjust them forward or backward.

·
Registered
423 Posts
OneBigMike said:
Funny.... I am a big guy and I really didn't like the CC when I testroad it. It seemed very front end heavy. didn't seem to be as balanced as I would have liked....... Well I guess that is why they make different models...... The CC is a beautiful looking bike though but I will stick wit my Hammer......
I ride my Hammer much more often than I ride my XC. I had to put some miles on the XC the other day because it had been sitting for a couple of weeks. I usually only ride it when my wife wants to go with me. Otherwise I ride the Hammer or the Dorsoduro. They are much more fun to ride, especially through the twisties. Of course, the Dorsoduro is the best at the twisities.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Dayum Thanks Guys!! I got way skinny without even goin to the gym!! No wonder I luv ya all.

Seriously tho, I have a hard time flat footing and if making any kind of backing up moves I can't reach the handle bars and the ground at the same time.

If it were MY bike, I would definitley lower it, get some pull back bars, and the iPod cable. BUTTTT..... Since it ain't, I can't afford to put any of that kind of money into it.

I must admit I miss my KP. I may take it next week to work. It's lonely sitting in the garage.

I was thinking today on my ride home from work if the larger XC tank would fit on the KP! I'll tell ya that's a plus..

For the record, the XC is a real PITA to fill up with the California rubber cuff. I bought a McCuff Sport and it really does help.

(McCuff Spam newsletter~~

Hello again, hope all is well with you!

So glad that Summer is here to get the bike out more and ride.

I wanted to give you a DISCOUNT CODE you can use to purchase McCuff's for the next couple of days.

Hand it out to your friends. The code is: OHU

http://www.mccuff.com

Just enter that code (OHU) into the cart on the bottom right side when you shop.)

It does work and make it easy to fill up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
BTW??? Where on 80 did ya spot me? If that's a regular route, I'm on the same schedule on Fridays heading westbound. Sundays eastbound. (I try to make it a ride on Sunday so sometimes take the long way.) At least for a couple more weeks.

What's your rig? I'll watch for you too!!

Coffee's on me if so!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

West bound just past the mandatory brake stop, during the summer we pull propane out of the bay area and bring it back to Truckee and the greater Reno area. Winter we pull product out of Reno only due to the high demand and take it to the mountain top communities and ski resorts. Inergy, is the name on the truck door and tank, #72331 thats me.....Bill. Take care and maybe well cross trails some day.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't see this old thread about the McCuff. I bought the cruiser McCuff and it doesn't work on the Cross Country. I should have gotten the Sport Bike McCuff with the flat side. I'm gonna try and cut it to see if I can get it to work.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't see this old thread about the McCuff. I bought the cruiser McCuff and it doesn't work on the Cross Country. I should have gotten the Sport Bike McCuff with the flat side. I'm gonna try and cut it to see if I can get it to work.
Yes, I have the sport bike version and it works well on my CC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.