VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 06 Victory Kingpin off of a nice lady who was widowed a couple years ago. Bike has been sitting since husbands death. I did oil change and clean gas and other routine maintenance. I have 2 questions,
1) the clutch is tough, is this normal?
2) it has a Dakota Digital speedo, everything on it works except speedo and odometer, any ideas?

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Hi and welcome... 1) tough? means it is hard to pull the lever?

2) I have a Dakota digi speedo ... seems kind of odd it dosent register : check the speedo connection in the headlight bucket : and maybe it is out of calibration?

...I recommend getting a paper copy of a service manual or a pdf file of one at the least

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jedi-mcfly,
Yes the clutch lever is hard to pull. I put a new clutch cable on it but had little effect. I have heard about the Easy Pull. not sure if a hard pulling clutch is just a gift of a Victory?
Checked the head light bucket and everything looks connected. My RPM clock and Neutral indicator work. But the Speed and odometer along with trip counter does not. And the gear indicator doesn't work. Is it a possible bad speed sensor?

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
t. I have heard about the Easy Pull. not sure if a hard pulling clutch is just a gift of a Victory?
...Vics are not known to have a hard to pull clutch... it is possible someone upgraded the clutch components (especially if it had some hp/tq increasing mods)

My RPM clock and Neutral indicator work. But the Speed and odometer along with trip counter does not. And the gear indicator doesn't work. Is it a possible bad speed sensor?
yes that is a possibility too
as for the gear indicator light: the digi unit may be equipped for it but not sure if the old steel frames are.

...plz post a pic of your new bike :)

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...i see that the factory airbox has been changed out so I suspect some other mods as well besides the 2 into 1 exhaust... have you spotted a fuel controller? (it will be a little box under the seat or by the battery)

·
Registered
838 Posts
As for the clutch, yes they pull hard in my opinion.
I put an easy pull from Witch Doctors on my KP and my wife's BW.
Made a very big difference. Recommend them highly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.