VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this was my first trip taking my vision anywhere we trailer our bike to sturgis only 6 hour drive but my wife packs enough for a month. So vision performed great not a single hiccup. So yesterday was time to head home so I asked the wife to drive the truck and trailer and I would ride the bike. First opportunity to really put miles on it and that’s what I bought it for. I had issues being comfortable on the seat when I bought it so purchased a airhawk cushion while in sturgis. So I live in Co so I mostly am riding through wy to get home I passed the same ultra classic two times once before lunch then caught him again after. Bike rode great cruise set at 75 only things I didn’t care for. At 80 or over with deflectors forward and windshield up it would buffer. And when my right leg was literally melting from heat my deflectors would not stay open due to wind hitting them and today the large bottle of bug remover I had to purchase. Had more bugs then my damn truck. But all in all rides great great power and the 6th gear tops it off smooths it out

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Take the fins off and tighten the screw they block.

The Airhawk is a nice piece of kit. I'm sitting on one right now... At work. I bring it in as ever since my wreck I have problems sitting for long periods of time without my tailbone bothering me. It helps me allot on and if the bike. The key is getting it just right.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I saw quite a few Visions at Sturgis. A real nice maroon one with custom yellow ghost artwork, even on the defectors. Of course they kinda stick out like a swollen thumb. lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was amazed how many I seen since I bought mine ran into a guy in Torrington that did the cross country bags and fender on his vision and it did look bad ass

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Vic my only issue with the airhawk is I’m like 5’5 and it puts me on tip toes when air shock has 5 lbs in it so won’t work for me with my wife on. So only option is a lowering link.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
So Vic my only issue with the airhawk is I'm like 5'5 and it puts me on tip toes when air shock has 5 lbs in it so won't work for me with my wife on. So only option is a lowering link.
Do you have the stock 08 seat? Mine is 1k+ comphy.

The Ness seat that doesn't help the short legs is only good for a couple of hours.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
If you're not going to remove the trunk or don't mind switching back to the stock seat if you do for that ride I would recommend the Mustang seat. It seems to sit lower and more flat than the stock. I actually felt too low until I bought the Airhawk which gave me that rise you speak of taking me back to my preferred height, but I'm long legged and can reach fine with it in the stock seat with the shock aired up. It may give you just what you need and can usually be found for $850-900 and that includes the driver backrest.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I do have the stock seat I figured I would try the air hawk for $100 before I spend 1k on a seat what is your company
I don't have a company. I have a stock seat that is good for 1k miles in 24 hrs.

The problem for us vertically challenged is the width of the seat. The Ness low seat lowers your head below the windshield but does nothing for the leg reach.

The Mustang seat is made for taller folks by their description.

@brianis if you get an Air hawk I would recommend getting one that is narrow.

To help leg reach to the ground you can take the seat off, pull the Staples from the sides, trim the foam then pull the sides in and staple the cover back down.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the seat redone when I purchased the bike because of a tear and had the passenger seat cupped so my wife didn’t slide so I’m not getting back into it just going to have to work around the issues

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I had a lowering link on my Vegas for a short time . I like the Twisties to much so I took it out.

I won't even consider lowering my Vision or XC . I run 40 & 55 in their shocks.

I recently purchased a pair of S.W.A.T boots. The heal is a little thicker allowing contact with both heels when 2up on perfectly flat ground.

There's a thread all about boots around here somewhere...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Airhawk cushion and the 2" taller windshield did the trick for my 38" inseam. Damned bike is more comfortable than my easy chair...LOL!

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
The Mustang seat is made for taller folks by their description.
I could see that since it lets you sit back more but with the backrest you can adjust it where you stay a bit forward.

The depth of the seat is what I would change but also why I think it would fit shorter riders well too. When I sit flat without the Airhawk I feel like my leg is bent more than it likes when riding with my feet on the boards. Stretched out I'm fine.

Overall for the money I think the Mustang was worth it but I certainly understand not wanting to drop the dough. I would have never done it either but that wreck was a life changer and the driving force that made me spend the cash.

Reactions: jmstang302
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.