VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 pin and have the slash Ness pipes as well as the basic stage one that is what they claim is improved airbox and chip upgrade.
I would like to give my ride just a bit more out of the hole power and have been reading a bit here about some beefed units.
Where do I start???
Are there problems in the rain when useing the tourge tubes intake ? can this be over come ??
Will improving the cam help ?
Should I consider porting??
What is the cost of these improvements to my pocketbook ??
thanks folks
poptop

·
Registered
92 Posts

I started with intake and exhaust on my '06 JP.
Many, many, many discussions about which is better. I spent a lot of time in "Search" trying to decide. I went with S&S and Bassanni's, but would have to consider the Torque Tubes if I was going through it now.Fuel controller if it is necssary for the intake you decide on. I've never had an issue with riding in the rain with my intake, and ituses a K&N filter too. Although it isn't quite as exposed as LLoyd's setup.
I think next step is cams for me, when the time comes.
Not an expert, so wait for more knowledge to come,
kw

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

They don't have torque tubes for an '09 bike, and even if they did, this is not your 'every man's bolt on', it's a pretty hard core piece.
I would recommend the S&S airbox and all you have to do is get a map loaded at the dealer and you're all done. It will make over a dozen more HP than what you have now and be as easy to do and user friendly as your stage 1 was.
Start there and see if thatscratches your itch.
What do you honestly use the bike for?
How much power do you really want/need?
What kind of power? Where?
How much money are you willing to part with?
Do you have good self control?
These are the questions you need to answer to yourself, not anyone else.
I spent $5,000.00 in performance. Am I happy with what I have? Yes.
It was not necessary, it was not a need, it was strictly a want. I can't really use the power much... between traffic, cops, and running out of straight road... it's an excercisein self control and frustration. However, when I get the opportunity to open this thing up I giggle like a schoolgirl every time.
If I had it to do over againwould do it differently? Yes.
A 105mm [email protected] 11:1 compression (109 cubic inches), headwork,.495 cams, PC III, Thor pipe, torque tubes, extended rev limit, and of course beef up the clutch. This would have cost about $300 more than what I did but it would be well worth it.Why choose this? Big bore does not require splitting the cases so it saves labor/machine work. Victory engines respond well to bore. It wouldmake well over 130/130 peakpower and have the low end torque to change the speed of the Earth's rotation.
If you are SERIOUS about havingbig power, get to know Lloyd Greer.
http://www.quickvic-usa.com/
If Lloyd tells you a mosquito can pull a plow, start making a tiny little plow harness for the mosquito, because he wouldn't steer you wrong. Once you decide where you want to be, ask him the best wayto get there.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

Vic 2-1 pipe will have you pushing over 100FtLb just off idle and is a simple good starting point. After that going to an S&S intake will streatch your toque curve a good 1500 RPM further up the top. Unfortunatly though these intakes don't make the huge gains seen by the pre 08 bikes. You can expect to see a 5-7HP gain across the top though along with the longer torque curve.
Beyond that you are looking inside the motor for gains. Compression needs to go up for any more signifigant improvement

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I would agree with both HC and Kevin in what they are saying for most of it,
I went with Ness Signature Series exhaust,S & S intake, Lloydz cams and power commander, installed myself, then drove down and had Lloyd do his thing, results 99.84 HP, 106.84 Torque, this is on 08 KP
Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.