VOG Forum banner

First Road Trip on Vision 8 Ball

1951 9
I finally had the chance to take the '10 Vision 8 Ball out for the weekend and put a few miles on. I rode from the Phoenix area to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta.
The bike exceeded my expectations on every level. The saddlebags were large enough for a long weekend with leathers. My butt never got tired. Those were my two primary concerns. I covered 1000 miles and could have just kept going. The bike was so comfortable. It was really nice to go so many miles on a tank and know how many miles remain. The radio was awesome, too. I got caught in a nasty rain and got pummeled. The low windshield is no protection but that is no surprise.
What really amazed me was the attention the bike drew. My partner Di has a Ness Vision and the two bikes riding together turned heads the entire 1000 miles. I am not kidding. I had people stoping me at red lights, stop signs, folks waiting at bus stops, you name it, asking about the bikes. A shop keeper in Old Town Albuquerque told us that while we were having dinner 50 people stopped to check out the bikes. Later in the weekend folks at gas stations were saying they saw us around town. I was about 50 miles from home and a guy came over to me and said he saw us in Springerville earlier in the day. That amount of attention was unexpected and at times kind of weird, but it was really nice to generate such interest Victory motorcycles.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Sweet!!

I finally got a bunch of HD guys warming up to the idea of riding with a Vision in their group. As chromed out as their bikes are, my Vision always steals the show whenever we stop. I think I just might let these guys ride my Ness and figure out what they are missing. But then again, maybe not. haha

The comfort of the Vision is second to none. I agree with you 100% that you can ride these things all day. It will be awhile until I take my Ness on a long haul (planning a sturgis run in 2011) however, I already know that the ride will be smooth and comfortable. It's also great to share the ride with people you trust and respect.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Fantastic Darnell. Isn't the Balloon Festival AWESOME too! When I lived in Ablaturkey I had no idea about it and walked out the door to find the sky full of balloons! I was in awe.

I agree that the Vics attract alot of attention. I had a guy today I wanted to say take a pic LOL he was staring at the stop light.

I hand out my card with a Victory DVD & a pamphlet whenever people inquire.

Dave, don't forget Sonny Barger rides a Vision now too!!! Remind your HD friends of that LOLOL

· Registered
268 Posts
Darnell, You will get that. Since I got my bike together in March not 1 day has gone by, that when I had the Vision out, I didn't get someone somewhere stop or come up or thumbs up about the bike. I have owned many types of bikes like HD, Honda, Kaw, but this thing gets the looks like no other.

· Registered
6,116 Posts

Darnell,
That is a great post on the bike and I bet those 2 bikes were the hit of the weekend. I am actually in Albuquerque right now for work and hopingto see some of the ballons while I am here.

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Nessie044 said:
FishWitch said:
Dave, don't forget Sonny Barger rides a Vision now too!!! Remind your HD friends of that LOLOL
And he's put better than 60,000 miles on it in a relatively short period of time. His wife abandoned her 2008 Street Glide and is now riding a XC (covered with evil-looking pink skulls, no less).
I have no bias against H-D, but I was surprised to read in his book just how much he disliked (bordering on hated)them. He basically said that the patriot in him required that he ride American, so H-D was the only viable choice. Until now, of course.
Love him or hate him, there's no one on earth who knows more about or is more dedicated to life on two wheels than Sonny Barger, and if he loves Victory, then you couldn't ask for a better endorsement.
Absa****inlutely

· Vendor
1,410 Posts

Congrats on the road trip. The Vision is an awesome bike... you will realize this more and more as you ride the bike. You figure after a while everyone has seen a Vision ... but in reality they have not. Every where you go people will stop and stare. Its amazing the reaction you get.
Even the HD riders are interested in the bike. It a great feeling living outside the box.

· Registered
2,685 Posts

This has me thinking..found several dealers with 2010 Vision 8 Balls left. Red Tag Sale applies...that becomes a very affordable ride. I may need to negotiate first on the home front and then with a dealer...wondering if I can negotiate that 5k off already discounted bikes..

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi Darnell! The fact that your bikes got so much attention is testimonial to the design wisdom of Victory and giving customer what they want. I am glad you both are enjoying them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.