VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out doing a casual ride with a buddy and while approaching a stop sign I heard something hit the ground. Looking all around I finally realized the right side passenger floorboard had fallen off. No lock washer/c clamp thingy holding the pin in so the pin worked lose. My Harley riding buddy had tools with him so we checked the other side floorboard and nothing holding that pin in either so we took the floorboard off, too.

-Ruined all of my Harley falling to pieces jokes with my buddy. (hey, remember at laconia bike week when we rode like 40 miles holding your Harley's shifter together with a camera strap?)

-Cost me 26 bucks in parts and labor.

-Scratched my nice chrome passenger floorboard up.

Boooooo.

Great bike, though! Lots of miles to come!

·
Registered
14 Posts
APHATMOUSE said:
-Ruined all of my Harley falling to pieces jokes with my buddy. (hey, remember at laconia bike week when we rode like 40 miles holding your Harley's shifter together with a camera strap?)
It's okay, the Harley will eventually be down for maintenance and you will still be out on the road (your passenger will just have to watch their feet!) ha

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kevinx01 said:
The new style full circle clips are much better
Your right, kevinx- I should have mentioned- the dealer told me about the new style clips- which also require new style pins and that's where the parts cost came in. Otherwise it would have been like a buck a clip.

I felt stupid asking the dealer to install the clips for me, but it turned out I needed clips, pins, and a small ball bearing, so I felt a bit better that I had saved myself 18 trips out if I had done it myself..

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

How random and ironic...today while out with local Southern Cruisers chapter,, Freezeradio (Matt)found his right side passenger floor board about to fall off while we were at a gas stop. No c or e clip on either of his.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I replaced passenger floorboard hardwarewith chrome allen bolts and nylon insert locknuts. I also had to stack two sets of risers in order for my wife to be comfortable using them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.