VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the big adventure is over! We rolled into the house at 2:00 PM Tuesday June 15th, we have been on the road since June 4th.
3415 miles on the clock, traveled across Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and a short ride into Arizona.
Stayed dry the entire trip except for about 30 minutes of rail outside of Walsenburg, CO.
Rode the Million Dollar Highway, WOW is all I can say.

Vision sightings were few.
1 Vision heading eastbound on I-80 west of Rawlins, WY
1 Vision at a gas stop in Kayenta, AZ (a rental out of Ness in Vegas ridden by a fellow from Australia)
2 Visions heading for Delores, CO out of Telluride, CO
1 Vision on Hwy 160 east of Alamosa, CO

Yes gas stops do take a lot longer and everyone asks "Who makes that beautiful bike?"
Temperatures ranged from a high of 101 degrees in Vernal, UT to 32 degrees going over Wolf Creek Pass.
Engine heat was not a problem even on the 101 degree day or during any desert riding, I don't have the lower defectors.

Things I would change on my Vision. . . . . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Already planning the next adventure!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Glad you had a good ride & no issues. I'm planning a 6000 ish mile ride for September over 15 days. The nice thing about this ride will be that if the weather gets crappy I can change my route any time I want. All I have is a final destination and date.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congrats Kioti! I have the same 09 Vision except it is black. I have not taken that long of a trip but have logged a 13.5 hour trip to AR. I also have not experienced the heat from the engine everyone talks about. It may be that it is there and I am having so much fun that I do not notice. Whatever the case I am glad you like your vision. I will be taking it to Montana in a few weeks from Minnesota. Looking forward to all of it.

Jay

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
That sounds like a great adventure.....of course you know we need some pics of thisfantastic ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am working on a blog of the entire trip, I am currently looking through all of the pic's. I will post to this thread as soon as complete.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I just finished a 4100 milesround tripfrom Central Calif. to Houston Texas yesterday. It was great except for the humidity in Texasand temperatures in Arizona and New Mexico. Only saw 2 Visions the whole trip. Both were in Arizona, 1 from Calif. and the other from Michigan. I'm going to take enough time for the Monkey butt to heal and then it's off to Washington for a 4 day ride.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Scoop-Post a separate thread with your trip and some pictures. We would love to see and hear about this excursion.....after all, that is the best part of this site.

·
Registered
58 Posts

How many Road Kings did you see?!?! I really like the idea that not everyone has a bike just like mine - all the more to talk about with others!! Where in Utah did you pass thru? We have a beautiful state to ride in, and tons of great roads. Several of my wives like to ride, and we have had some great times....................
J/K, dudes, only can handle one little darlin', and we are looking forward to our first trip on the new bike.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
wilsondude said:
......Where in Utah did you pass thru? We have a beautiful state to ride in, and tons of great roads. Several of my wives like to ride, and we have had some great times....................
J/K, dudes, only can handle one little darlin', and we are looking forward to our first trip on the new bike.
From a Catholic that works in Utah a lot I found that VERY funny. Nicest people in Utah.....glad to see the sense of humor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your trip. I just finished my first long ride on my 09 VV. 1375 miles over 4 days...... not that long really but a long ride for me. Was down in NE Oregon at a BMW Rally . Really, it was a BMW Rally. Rode the Dooley Mtn Highway (Oregons version of Deals Gap). Left 3 of the 6 BMW's in my wake. Bike rode great. I'm really hating the constant squeak from the trunk though. I've tried all the fixes listed in all the forums.

I didn't see another VV on my trip. My VV was the most talked about and gawked about bike at the BMW rally. I had a lot of ride requests. Folks were teasing the few HD that attended, but only praise and awe for the VV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.