VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boss and I decided to take a trip north to Napa (lunch), Sonoma (art fair), back through San Francisco over Golden Gate and home.

The bike did 44 MPG (44.367) and it would have been better had we not had to sit in downtown San Francisco traffic. The bike ran great but it was definitely blowing hot air through downtown. The buffeting was minimal until we rode through S 280 (lots of turbulence).I ordered a Cee Bailey windscreen and I hope it helps the buffeting.

Also, my company picked up AT&T's navigation program for my iPhone and while I couldn't see the navigation screen as the iPhone is plugged into the connector in the bag, I got turn-by-turn navigation through the speakers while listening to iTunes. Very cool.

After spending roughly four hours on the bike, I felt like I could have spent another three hours, no problem, so the seat is fine. The boss was sore, however, and I doubt she would have been able to do much longer. We may need to change the padding for her this year.

Great ride, great bike!

·
Registered
839 Posts
[quote="The buffeting was minimal until we rode through S 280 (lots of turbulence).I ordered a Cee Bailey windscreen and I hope it helps the buffeting.

[/quote]
Mapped out,it looked like a great ride I was wondering,do you havethe windsheild lowers on your cc.It may help me in the outfuture.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lowers. Stock shield.

·
Registered
397 Posts

I was loking into the Sergeant Seat custom touring recontour and closed cell multi density foam treatment. They change the basic shape of the seat (make it more Saddle like) and put in their special foam. I know you don't need anything for you, but it also gets done for the back seat, May help the Boss. Plus, you can have custom insets and piping done for a very nominal fee while you are there. Give it that just right look and improve the riding experience.
There is a thread here somewhere about it. I'm horrable about finding old threads. Guy did it on his XC so it's not that old.
I'm definately going to get it done to mine, when I get back from A-Stan.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added a Cee Bailey's windshield. Wow! Huge difference. I realize the bike looks cool with the lower windshield but Victory should offer two windshields with the purchase of the bike, short and tall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.