VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and bought myself a new cross country a couple weeks back. I have just short of 1000 miles on it already. I had stage 1 and pass backrest installed at the dealer. I didnt address the windshield right away even though I was aware of the buffeting complaints. Yep, I had the same problem so I ordered a 13" Cee Baileys the night I brought the bike home. Got the Cee Baileys on it, seemed to solve about 90% of the wind buffeting and the remaining seems to be coming from down low. I think a set of lowers are in order, or maybe the kewlmetal winglets? Can someone tell me more about them?, not sure how they work or what they do.

Anyway, I also have an issue with the fuel gauge. It sticks for the first 75-100 miles, then drops like a rock to 1/2 tank. Then it seems to work reasonably well after that. Next oil change I will ***** at the dealer and see if there is a fix for it.

Otherwise, I really like the bike. I got the midnight cherry color. Very smooth, nice riding and comfortable. Other than a couple small issues, which I knew about in advance of buying it, I am very happy with the bike.

yeah I know....pictures !! pictures !!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I found the kewl metal winglets on their website, cheap enough for $35, but has anyone installed these and had good luck? The kewlmetal website claims they significantly reduce head buffeting. The picture on their website sucks, do these things mount to the top of the highway bars? To me, it would seem they would look like crap ? Anyone got a better photo of these things?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I have a set of the winglettes from the initial test batch and they work as advertised reducing 90% of the annoying air that comes up from below. Best $35 you'll spend IMHO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mjw930 said:
I have a set of the winglettes from the initial test batch and they work as advertised reducing 90% of the annoying air that comes up from below. Best $35 you'll spend IMHO.
I don't know if you have in another thread but could you post a pic or two of them or talk a little bit about how they install?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
mbc2237 said:
mjw930 said:
I don't know if you have in another thread but could you post a pic or two of them or talk a little bit about how they install?
Probably bad form but I don't feel like retyping everything. Follow these links:
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_4569/page_1/
http://forums.thevmc.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=90991&posts=11&start=1

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The VOG link worked, but was hoping for more photos of how they look when mounted, the one photo is hard to tell. I dont want a couple pieces of crap hanging on my bike, and I really dont want to plug holes if I dont like them.

The other link requires me to create a profile to log onto that site, which I honestly dont want to join another website.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
APD4209, there are lots of photos of these on the VMC forums. Honestly, it would take a lot less time for you to join the forum there than it would for someone here to take photo's for you and post them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too just bought my XC a few weeks ago, have 1400 miles on it. Just got back from a 1290 mile trip to Wisc from Kentucky over Memorial Day weekend. I have the stock windsheild and although 5' 7" had a lot of wind to my head as well as from the bottom. I've just ordered the EuroFlip 4", waiting for it to arrive. Will post more later on that. I'm also interested in the lower wind deflectors. I'll check out kewl metal. thanks for the info.Time for it's first maintance check. Heading to Florida in two weeks. Hope the shield comes in. LOVE this bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.