VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the engine is off I have no problem finding neutral. I can't say the same thing when the engine is running. No matter how hard I try I can't get the bike into neutral. Anybody have a little trick they can share? I've owned my Jackpot for one year now so I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
770 Posts
On mine it goes in better from 2nd to 1st. However when I am just about to stop I can slip it in from 1st easily sometimes even without a blip of the throttle. Mine is old though. Plus when needing a oil change it is a little tougher to find neutral.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Give it a little throttle (1500) while putting some pressure on the shifter. Works like a champ.
yes @THE_ELECTRICIAN just a slight increase in rpm relieves the pressure (i dont know how else to put it) and lets the trans slip into neutral ... also try rev-matching when going down in the gears, I feel it reduces the clunky shifts and will prevent stresses

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi fella
As the others say just a small blip / increase in revs but this shouldn't be a big issue . If you are really struggling to get it in neutral there may be some other problem . When was the last time the oil was changed ? Try switching to semi synthetic or fully , This will improve gear changes .

Reactions: Rollin

·
Registered
879 Posts
Give it a little throttle (1500) while putting some pressure on the shifter. Works like a champ.
Just a bit of throttle works great for my bike. Also a lot easier from 2nd gear to neutral

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Hi fella
As the others say just a small blip / increase in revs but this shouldn't be a big issue . If you are really struggling to get it in neutral there may be some other problem . When was the last time the oil was changed ? Try switching to semi synthetic or fully , This will improve gear changes .
OIL causing?..there goes this thread :banghead:
Seriously, clutch out of adjustment will cause to :ok:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Contrary to all that has been said about this subject over the last few years, I have to say as of yet I have had no problems to speak of at all with putting the bike in neutral. I like to leave it in first gear when parked unless in my shed, then it is mostly left in neutral. I have had no problems getting neutral when shut down and cold without using the clutch even from first gear... or starting when hot in gear with the clutch pulled in and then realising something amiss (like helmet not done up or something) and then putting into neutral while motor running....

Reactions: Mr G

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Pop it into neutral when you're still rolling...it'll go right in, or just hit the kill switch then pop it in neutral.
Sitting there struggling for neutral with the engine idling is just wearing on your shifting ratchet for no good reason.
They are all like that pre-2012.

Ya know, there's no rule that says it needs to be in neutral before you shut it off.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Pop it into neutral when you're still rolling...it'll go right in, or just hit the kill switch then pop it in neutral.
Sitting there struggling for neutral with the engine idling is just wearing on your shifting ratchet for no good reason.

Ya know, there's no rule that says it needs to be in neutral before you shut it off.
Mine is'nt

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yep! There's also no rule that says you have to put it in neutral while sitting at a red light, as someone stated they do on their bike.

Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
417 Posts
"Proper clutch adjustment helps"

Yep could be lots of things its just a process of elimination .

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Contrary to all that has been said about this subject over the last few years, I have to say as of yet I have had no problems to speak of at all with putting the bike in neutral. I like to leave it in first gear when parked unless in my shed, then it is mostly left in neutral. I have had no problems getting neutral when shut down and cold without using the clutch even from first gear... or starting when hot in gear with the clutch pulled in and then realising something amiss (like helmet not done up or something) and then putting into neutral while motor running....
I have heel shifter...really makes easier :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
59 Posts

Long traffic lights is when it bugs me and I can't neutral while rolling unless there is already a slowing car behind me as I will want 2 b in first incase I gotta go..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.