FINALLY..More Vics than HDs | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

FINALLY..More Vics than HDs

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by YENRABSRIDE, Jul 15, 2014.

1. YENRABSRIDE

YENRABSRIDE Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 VISION TOUR, 2013 TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE, 2015 YAMAHA FJR1300ES, 2015 KAWASAKI ZX14R, 2016 KTM 1190 ADV, and 2019 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 1200XC
    A group of us rode this past weekend and finally, more Victorys than Harleys, 5 Vics vs. 4 Harleys. Nowadays when we ride the number of Vics and HDs are pretty much equal +/- 1 or 2. We all get along fine. [​IMG]

2. FredE

FredE Active Member

2013 Cross Country Tour

I've been running into a lot more vics lately...very cool

3. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Well, I'm not going to dispute your numbers. You saw what you saw. The minister of war and finance and I just returned from a trailering vacation from central Alberta to Spokane, WA and return. Over 1200 miles of towing and I noticed just 2 Vics. A cruiser and a CC. The rest were 95% at least HD with about 4% Goldwings and a smattering of other brands to round out the count. Of the HDs I saw, the vast majority were batwing Electraglides. What gets me is the desire of so many to ride the same. Boring comes to mind. I wonder if many bought because Billy Bob my friend rides one. Maybe it's a $20k+ expense to wear the bar and shield shirts. Who knows. I do know that I enjoy my CC Tour because it looks different, performs better, has modern technology and garners comments from total strangers who aren't forced to comment but have the great desire to do so. Ave Victoria. Latin for Hail Victory.

4. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot

Iam going to Hunter Mtn Thursday.
    There will be way more Victorys than HD's.

5. YENRABSRIDE

YENRABSRIDE Well-Known Member

2013 VISION TOUR, 2013 TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE, 2015 YAMAHA FJR1300ES, 2015 KAWASAKI ZX14R, 2016 KTM 1190 ADV, and 2019 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 1200XC

I guess what I meant was within our riding group, we are beginning to have more Victorys than Harleys. A couple years ago, it was maybe 75% HDs and 25% Vics, Now it's more like 50%/50%. So more guys in our group are making the switch to Victorys. No one has taken a chance on an Indian yet.
    As for what's out in the real world, it's mostly Harleys, without a doubt. I still have to explain to people what Victory is at least half the time when the conversation comes up, and then I have to tell them that my Vision is NOT a scooter, nor is it a Harley.

6. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision

I get lots of compliments from both riders and non-riders but I find it remarkable when I actually see another Victory, like I did yesterday. It was a Vegas style bike near where I stopped for supper. I think that makes 2 Victory bikes I have seen in over a year here locally, and both were steel frames. I do sometimes see one on the road but with my nearest dealer about 50 miles from here I rarely see one here.

7. stickbowhunter

stickbowhunter Active Member

Victory CrossCountry Tour
    I usually go out for dinner rides on Friday night with friends so far one Vic three Harley's and one Honda. 160 miles later and I saw one Victory trike and he didn't even wave. There are 2-3 around town but far and few in between oh we'll I like having something different.

8. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Well-Known Member

2020 Harley FLHCS 114.

I have only seen a handfull of Vic's in my area, one Vision, three XC's, and one Vegas. Probably becouse I am in a very rural area, got to drive 30 miles to get anything, Love it LOL. I still get the, man nice bikewho makes that, or is that a new Harley. Again love it. Makes for a lot of conversation. [​IMG]

9. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    When asked about the brand, I reply, "It's a Victory motorcycle, built in Spirit Lake, Iowa." If I'm asked why I didn't buy a Harley, I either reply, "I still don't trust that brand" or depending on the person asking, "I ride. I don't wrench".

10. broggyr

broggyr Administrator Staff Member

2013 XCT

I love this.
    I often refer to the CEO of my household. :D

11. gdfishwell

gdfishwell Active Member

2008 Victory Kingpin Tour

I guess I have the only Victory in Galveston, but I am seeing more of them on weekends down here. I make frequent trips to the Hill Country between San Antonio and Austin and am noticing quite a few in that area. The brand is definitely getting more popular.

12. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless

I work on a Navy base. There are 2 hangers side by side and each has motorcycle parking. Wednesday the 1st parking area was 3 Vics, 1 Harley, and 1 Ducati. The 2nd parking area was 1 Vic and 1 HD. There would have been one more Vic, but I needed my truck that day.

13. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

Bikeless

I usually say I wanted an American motorcycle...

14. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot

The Catskill mtns in upstate NY are crawling with Victory motorcycles this weekend.

I have seen more Visions than I have in a long time plus Kingpins,CC CCT and Hard balls.

Its great If you see me say hello

15. Good_Steward

Good_Steward Well-Known Member

2012 Vegas 8 Ball, 2014 Cross Country, 2013 Honda CB500X

I saw 3 Vics on a recent 3,000+ mile trip. Saw a ton of bikes, with probably 50% Harley, 30% Goldwings, and the other 20% various bikes. Bear in mind that part of my trip went through Iowa, Vic's home state.