VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we came home with a brand new 2010 Pearl White Vision last night. After over 6 months of reserch we narrowed our search to the BMW K1200LT and the Victory Vision. All that was left to do was to ride each and decide. We went to the BMW dealer first and rode a very nice K1200LT. Then to the Victory dealer (Delta Powersports in Lathrop, CA) We had been there many times before during our research. Kevin, the owner and Aaron, the salesman very very informative. They had a new white Vision on the floor that we saw the day it was uncrated about a month ago. After a ride with me alone then with my wife it was all said and done. The Vision won hands down.
The deal Kevin made for us was what was even better. He honored the $500.00 coupon we got emailed to us last month, included the 5 year warranty and threw in 2 "Victiory" leather jackets. The only accessory we added is reverse which will be in in a few weeks.
Now the fun begins!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Enjoy!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I think white is the nicest color so far for the Vision. Just curious though, what made you decide on the Vision over the 1200 and did you happento look at the 1300GT?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

dsjr70 said:
Congrats on the new bike, I think white is the nicest color so far for the Vision. Just curious though, what made you decide on the Vision over the 1200 and did you happento look at the 1300GT?
We decided on what we were looking for in a new bike and came up with the following:
1. Comfort
2. Style
3. Price
Comfort - My wife and I are both 5'11" so having a bike that was big enough for the both of us was paramount. Although the BMW is comfortable it was not as roomy as the Vision. There is a lot of room between us and the extra large floor boards are awesome. (with my size 14 shoe we were hitting each other on the BMW) Also the riding position is very relaxed (as oppsed the the 1200 being very upright)and the Vision felt light once underway. The balance is great. The handlebars were a little to close on the BMW
Style - We wanted the style that was "cruiser" yet not like everything else. The BMW is a beautiful bike but in a different way. With the Vision you can "see" the bike. the engine is not all covered up. And of course the "George Jetson" style of the Vision is extraodinary. Lastly on style, I have a concours which is a sport touring bike so it is nice now to have a full touring bike, cruiser style.
Price - Price was very close to the same for each.
When it came down to it I knew that I was gong to keep my Concours, so that will be my commuting or solo riding bike. (of course I will be riding the Vision solo too) And the Vision will be our two up, see the country touringbike.
We were thinking of buying an '08 or 09 but we just fell in love with the pearl white. It just looks awesome! And of course it is nice to be the fist to put miles on the bike. (we were the first to test ride it besides the tech that uncrated it and put it together)
We did not consider the 1300GT although we did look at the Cross Country. By the time we added all we wanted on the bike it was the same price as a Vision. So the Vision won.
BTW, thanks to all of you on this site. I have been watching and learning for a while now and there is so much good info herethat all have been willing to share. Thanks again.
Roman

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Congratulations BreadmanRo!

It's a beautiful bike and I hope if gives you many pleasurable, comfortable miles.

Ride Safely and yes...MORE Pictures, Please!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Congrats Breadman! That bike is truly a one-of-a-kind. I'll give you the same advice I give to every new Vision owner: Make sure you lift your feet up on takeoff......or else you will get the most painful reminder that Victory installed tipover protection.
Other than that, ENJOY!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Breadman the good news, if this is good news, is that you will only do it once!
Once you do the tip-over cha cha with your ankle, you will remember it forever.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
PS: Can you imagine how freaking cool that bike is goingto look with the trunk off. In my mind, it already reminds me of the white Thunderbird from American Graffiti.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice bike! I like the white.I bet after you ride the Vision a couple thousand miles the other bike will start sitting more and more :)I know my Jackpot sits a lot more since I bought the Vision............

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Sweeeet...I like the white.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.