Felt sorry for a HD yesterday | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Felt sorry for a HD yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wvrider1, Jul 25, 2021.

1. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country
    Do they even make “Funny Bones” anymore ??
    Now that’s a box of heaven right there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Oh yeah? Well Fuuuuuuuuuck you! Lol.

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    My doc says the same thing to me at every annual check up: "Walks, it's all in the input and output". I always reply, "Kiss my fat ass, doc.".

Seriously, my wife has been working on me for years to eat better which I do. We grill just about everything: broccoli, carrots, Brussel sprouts, aspargus, peppers, etc. Portion control is where I tend to go sideways (and in other directions) and bad sizing portions are ingrained into all of our advertising. I always enjoyed cooking but since the shutdown (like others) we took cooking to another level. Unfortunately my weight followed me along for the ride.

The earlier comment about looking in the mirror and not liking what you see hits home. I hit an all time high a month ago and I'm not going back there. Where I eventually want to get is going to take a while to do it right. I'm sure my Pin would appreciate me dropping a few too.

We've been doing more bike (pedal) riding each week. I've got a bum knee, had two back surgeries with remaining discs running on fumes so running is out and walking is boring. Hiking in forest reserves is awesome. Anyway, whenever I see someone with the girth like the OP mentioned out there walking or even running I think to myself now that's incentive to make a change. Props to all those folks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Im4reguy

Im4reguy Active Member

2006 Victory jackpot
    That's is true! However, a few years back. They changed the definition of obesity from 60lbs over the fit weight to 30lbs. Then very soon after. The news media started reporting on the percentage of obese people there was in USA. Then the flood of health food and fitness equipment soon followed. Not saying changing the obesity threshold was wrong. Just interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    There’s enough education out there to get anyone right with their weight and health. Temptation is real and bad food is too easy to get and eat. Still it’s a decision we make. The other day I stared at 2 lunch spots. Chick-fil-A and Pollo Tropical. Both great right ? I mean for fast food Chick fil A is probably best but grilled chicken brown rice black beans ? Yes the healthier choice. Then there’s our genetic structure …. How were built. Our blood type and composition. There have been successfull diets that have been created based on blood type. If you tried it you may just find one of your favorite dishes is actually poison to your system.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. tyrfryr

tyrfryr Well-Known Member

Cross Roads Classic
    Understand the portion control issue, (see food, eat it). Get some smaller plates, I think it is helping me. (mind games?) Am I where I want to be? not yet, but I'm not getting further away from it either.

7. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    Are you supporting a family of tapeworms as pets?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Canuckrob

Canuckrob Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    LOL not that I"m aware of Obi ......I can say that belly fat when you have emphyzema, is really bad so I must admit I have a little more incentive to keep the weight off.....:chef2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Obi Steve

Obi Steve Active Member

2013 HardBall. 2014 Flames High Ball
    My wife throws that tapeworm comment at me sometimes, as she watches me eat with gusto.
    I always was a bit skinny.

10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I’m on the smaller side my self. Never obese but have times fallen out of shape. I’m actually amazed at my appetite and how much I can consume. There was a time when I was full blown labor / working class ( my meaning) 2 physical jobs ……. I would eat seconds without hesitation. Today one good healthy plate is enough with a 1 hour break afterwards for just a smidge of desert.
    I’m also noticing my tolerance for alcohol is changed. Best part of that is I don’t miss it if I don’t have it. I used to be one that was known to of always having a beer in his hand. Amazing how life can change for some for the better. Today I’m 3 weeks alcohol free. Not trying …… just don’t want it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. T0ng5

T0ng5 Active Member

2012 Crossroads, Mrs. rides a 2006 Vegas premium
    Honestly I think that is the best way to enjoy alcohol, when you feel like, and never out of necessity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I agree. Was just saying to my wife …… think we’re due for a trip to the pretzel brewery next town over.
    They have the best hot pretzels and dipping sauces. Wash it down with a good full bodied brew and satisfaction has been achieved. I love the jalapeño pretzel !!!! We love to sit outside at the patio by the road and watch the bikes and hot cars go by. The Malted Barley ! Juno Florida

13. Texasbaehr

Texasbaehr Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision Arlen Ness, Kawasaki Drifter 800
    My brother and I were at Sturgis in 2008. Got invited to hang out with some guys staying in a motorhome in Glencoe Campground. That place gets weird at night. A bike parade around the grounds every night. Saw a woman on the back on a HD wearing a thong or at least we think she was because the flab of her 400lb + tattooed body covered up the strings. Like the OP said you can’t unsee that!