VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a fun thread, though I do honor your opinions, especially as a new owner.....

1) what are your favorite mods, give details and pics if you've got 'em, and

2) what is the best money you have spent on your bike (short of buying a new bike)?

Go ahead, spill.....

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Well since Andy put everything on the bike before i got it, i cant say I put anything on it , However i have to agree that the Utopia backrest is probably the best addition, then in order would be, the Cee Baileys windshield. the S1L1 pipes with gatlin tips, the lower wind deflectors, XM radio and GPS a tie.
As far as power or sound, the pipes are the way to go. So much better than the stockers.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Clubford how is the popping for you with S1L1 and gatlins?
Picking my bike up this monday now byt no rides until the snow is gone!
Clubford00 said:
Well since Andy put everything on the bike before i got it, i cant say I put anything on it , However i have to agree that the Utopia backrest is probably the best addition, then in order would be, the Cee Baileys windshield. the S1L1 pipes with gatlin tips, the lower wind deflectors, XM radio and GPS a tie.
As far as power or sound, the pipes are the way to go. So much better than the stockers.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Salty said:
Clubford how is the popping for you with S1L1 and gatlins?
Picking my bike up this monday now byt no rides until the snow is gone!
For some reason my bike seems to pop less than others, i dont know why.
One thing i noticed is less popping since switching the the mid grade of fuel rather than the highest. Next year im going to try the lowest for a couple tanks and see what that does.
Ive also changed the way i shift a little and that helps the popping as well. Now i am much more deliberate with my shifts, Clutch all the way in before initializing my shift as well as not rolling completely out of the throttle. I try and keep the throttle cracked just a bit. If i do it right i get NO popping at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Hey Clubford,
I too, over the last ~4 months have come to the same conclusions! I'm now running mid-grade all the time and I have a similar technique with the throttle and mine hardly pops at all. I've lost the really loud "POW" by switching to midgrade and I can bring it back with 1 tank of high grade. I would be very interested in others that are also running mid-grade. I also don't run her up as much, keeping my top end at about 3600 rpm most of the time and that also seems to reduce the pops.
VVVet

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't have ANY poppingsince Ihad my bike dyno'd. However, I've always used thepremium fuel with the Lloydzs modifications that Ihad done Hummm, think I'll give mid grade fuel atry to see if I notice any difference in performance...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

On my 07 S&S air box with 05 pipe download and Conquest Customs Ground Pounder II's.
On my Vision, Lloyd's cams and removing baffles in level II pipes and installing a special end cap.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
"Stock" pipes that came with my 10th Anny and no pops with high test gas.
My IPod would be at the top of the list.
The highway pegs from TriCity Polaris in SLC, UT would probably be next. No pain in the butt after 750 miles the last 250 to 1000 a day were a killer before that.
Anny came with reverse and I used it maybe 5 times but worth every bit of it.
Lowers are a big plus.
Heal/toe shifter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.