VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Victory rider (I had a 2000 Suzuki Marauder until an SOB in South Carolina rear ended me...).

I bought a 2007 Vegas 8ball with 2k miles on it. Everything is blacked out except the new chrome swept pipes I had installed.

I am still new at the maintenance and repair world (but want to learn).When the dealer was running through the basics of the bike with me andshowing me locations of some parts he told me I need to go with a fast idle EVERY time I start the bike. I should let it warm up for a coupleminutes, then pull it back and ride.

With my old bike I only used a choke when it was cold or needed alittle extra kick when the bike hadn't been riden in a while.

Do I really need a fast idle and wait 2 minutes before I ride EVERY TIME? Is there another way to tell when I can hop on and go for a ride... I live in the city and its a nice quick way to get around town...

Thanks for your help and I apologize in advance my my flurry of ignorant questions that will follow... :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Yes, use the fast idle lever always. Obviously a shorter period of time when it's warm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I use my fast idle very much like an ordinary choke, use it when its cold and dont use it when the engines warm

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
you'll need to decide for yourself and what your bike likes. Myself I seldom used it unless I needed to keep it running in colder temperatures. I only waited 2 minutes to run it when the temperatures where under 40 degrees as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.