Fantastic Victory Dealer Support | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Fantastic Victory Dealer Support

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Chattanooga_Mark, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Today I had the tires replaced on my 2012 CCT at:

Crockett Powersports
    4113 S. Access Rd.
    Chattanooga, TN 37406
    Tel: 423-760-3670

They had an excellent OTD price on fresh Dunlop E4's in the oem sizes. They removed a Dunlop run flat car tire out back and a Dunlop Roadsmart II 160/60 up front. As per my SOP when the tires get replaced, I also had them flush the brake system. When I arrived they put the bike back on the lift and verified they had the belt tension exactly where I like it, all the way to the loose end of the spec. The Technician, Thomas Weaver does a great job and is very thorough. He obviously takes pride in his work which immediately inspires confidence.

On the way home I noticed two things. The bike seemed eager and effortless to run through turns. As if it was on rails. Yes, somewhat different from having a car tire out back. I also noticed the ABS light was still on. It typically goes out in the first 10 feet of so. I stopped the bike, turned it off and started it up again to see if the ABS light was just a fluke. It wasn't, so I rode back to Crockett Powersports. They put the bike back on the lift, connected it to there diagnostic software system and quickly determined the rear ABS sensor was likely the problem.

I have no idea if it got damaged somehow when changing the tire or it just quit at the same time. Thomas Baker, the Parts & Service Manager made me a wonderful deal on a new ABS sensor and they quickly changed it. All was right with the ABS system after that.

It's not about that things go wrong from time to time. It's how they get handled when It happens. Everyone I've ever met at Crockett Powersports has been very good to work with. This is one dealer that started off wonderful and they keep finding ways to get better and better. I have, and you'll also quickly have 100% confidence in their technicians, sales and the management staff.

If you're ever anywhere near Chattanooga, TN and need anything for your Victory, Indian or Slingshot, you'll be well pleased to have stopped at Crockett Powersports.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SemperVee

SemperVee Active Member

12 RED CCT
    Interesting you switched back to a MC tire.... Great hearing a story with a happy ending!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Chattanooga_Mark

I went back to a mc tire out back and to the oem 130/70 sized front tire. I went through two Dunlop Roadsmart II 160/60 tires up front. They worked perfectly and I liked them. Dunlop doesn’t seem to make the II any longer in that size and the Roadsmart III doesn’t have a 160/60R18 that I could find either. I wasn’t interested in the Pirelli nor was I interested in using two different tire brands out front and out back.

I seriously considered a set of Avon Cobra Chrome but the dealer had fresh E4’s in stock and ready to go. In another 18K miles, which has been my mileage history with E4’s, I may stay with Dunlop or try something else. So far there’s never been anything but Dunlop’s on my CCT. The rear car tire was a 195/55R16 Dunlop Winter Sport 3D run flat. Traction was never a consideration regardless of the riding condition.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Am curious how you’ll like the factory front tire after all that time on a 160, I’m seriously kicking myself in the azz for not goin to a 140-150 up front last time. Do you have any grated bridges in your area? When packing weight the 130 walks a lot on those style bridges but in fairness......everything does.

5. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    @Chattanooga_Mark I like this thread, Mark. I can't remember if we already have something like this or not but if we don't I think we should pin this thread. Everyone who knows a great Dealer or even shop that provides support like this could list them here. And yeah, tell the story! I love hearing positive things. That way, if yer on the road and something should go wrong, or if you just need an oil change done on the road etc. we could have at least a reference point.

I dunno, just thinkin out loud here...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chattanooga_Mark

Going back to the oem tires, I immediately noticed how 'light', 'nimble' and 'easy to turn in' the big CCT felt. The tires that came off were not old and hard either. They could have gone another few thousand miles if I needed them to. But I have a 2500 mile trip coming up and wanted them changed before I left. I also noticed how effortless it is to hold in line on the arc of a gentle sweeping turn. Both in the twisties on the way home from Crockett Powersports and yesterday on a 'spirited' highway run. The bars need nothing but a simple nudge with light pressure to go wherever you want it to.

A couple years ago @Half Crazy made a comment that a bike steers like a dump truck with a car tire out back. I don't think it did, but it sure steers better now. Though I'm pleased with my car tire experience. I think I'm one and done.

For the life of this set of tires I'll simply enjoy the ride and not think about tires until I need a new set. I'm certainly content with the decision to go back to E4's and in the oem sizes. Though the 130/70 front tire will take a bit of getting used to just in the physical size department. It's noticeably smaller than the two 160/60's that preceded it.

Whenever I go over a steel grate I relax the grip on the bars even more and gently guide the bike over it. If needed, rear brake only, gently applied.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SemperVee

SemperVee Active Member

12 RED CCT
    I sure like the radial Cobra rear tire I put on after a Dunlop Harley davidson american elite bias ply even though it came with 11/32's of tread the Cobra radial is way more comfortable while riding. I've often thought about going darkside for longer tread life $$ and less dealership hassle but have not thus far. Good luck with your new shoes and upcoming trip.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country

I have considered going dark side but I like to “Ride Spirited” part of just about every ride and don’t want to give that up.

the price I’ll pay for it is more money by going through more tires but it’s worth it

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chattanooga_Mark

Tonight I had the saddlebags off and noticed the Technician at Crockett Powersports, Thomas Weaver, had clearly cleaned ABS rings when he changed the tires. Now that’s full service!

• Like Like x 4
  10. wayne guess

wayne guess New Member

victory,victory,victory,triumph ,hd
    they serviced my cct a couple years , good people and a very good experience

• Like Like x 2
  11. rainman

rainman Well-Known Member

crossroad
    @Chattanooga_Mark if u don'tind me asking how much was the e4 tires I'm bout ready for a new set on my xr
    I also have had good service with them

12. krb

krb Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Crockett is where I usually go for anything I need and I've never been unhappy. They are good people.

13. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    @rainman I saw marks first post saying was around $550 installed & out the door plus Dunlop has a rebate, he didn’t say when rebate ends.