VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ugh. Why can't people just be who they are. Ugh. I am sleeved have been forever and old enough to remember how i felt over the years as people percieved or otherwise judged me. I can still clean up when i have too but covered none the less.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don’t mean to sound callous but I grew up in tattoo parlors hanging out with the salt of the earth took me to 36 to find my first friends that weren’t pimps drug dealers tattoo artists or gang affiliated. I am happy for my buddies who have done so well on the newish found acceptance in the world with tattoos. They are mainstream as mainstream gets and funny thing is I don’t get tattooed now. I have unfinished work on me and it’s not a matter of money cuz I will never have to pay. It’s like Riding. I choose Vic cuz it ain’t Harley and it sets us apart. I enjoy that they look so hard at my bike and when asked if they would own one it’s nope only Harley for me god damn haaaaarrrrrrlllllleeeee sheep. Most just wanna be a part of that rep that nostalgia with no real effort to earn that credibility. Same in tattoos. Being you makes you cool or not not the bike or tattoo. I earned my scars and earned my stripes by being me. Like my grandpa use to say only pirates and criminals have earings and tattoos so which are you? My reply was arrrr gimme ye wallet or ill shank you as you walk the plank.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have two half sleeves and a couple of smaller pieces. Each piece is a vey personal piece to ME. Just be yourself not what you think others want you to be or what you think is "cool".

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...I don't know why the OP even posted the link with no comment... the only thing that comes to mind is hallowed eve is soon approaching and it's part of a costume... no one with any sense would wear fake tatts on any other day imo

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a elephants head tattooed around my groin area.

The elephants trunk was already there if you know what I mean hahahagaha

·
Registered
838 Posts

:worthless:

:lol:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ok ok I'll go take a selfie.........

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

mines better. I have a $1 bill that turns into a $100 bill. Except for the time I saw this super fat woman with her gut hanging out below her shirt, then I had a negative balance

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I never got it. I don't knock it, I just don't get it. But then, I like liver, some don't. Eh.

Now a sleve for my "little" friend, that might work.....extra large, please.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A guy told me he had a $100 bill tat on his penis 'cause his girlfriend could blow 100 bucks in a heart beat.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Anyone with real tattoos would be able to tell those are fake. Anyhow I have some but they all have a meaning and not a fashion statement. I did not get them to impress others that's for damn sure.

I plan to get more but deciding on what and why is the reason for the slow progress along with money.

There is also tattoo artist out there that are doing extremely realistic temp tattoos so said individual can give the tattoo a test ride per say. In my opinion if you are having to do this you should not be getting a tattoo.

About the OP I think these sleeves are a bad idea for Halloween especially if a kid wants to be like one of their parents that has a full sleeve. I've seen people out in public wearing these damn things and it's absolutely hilarious. Whatever floats their boats i guess.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Just for clarification, those things are sunscreen sleeves. We used to put sunscreen shirts on my grandkids when we were on holidays so they could play outside all day without getting burnt. I could have used one myself on one particular snorkeling session that I got a nasty burn on. Anyway, sleeves of the same material eventually found their way into the sport of golf where they made a big difference to those people.

Designs were an eventual result as some used the shirts and sleeves for some creative tanning. The rest is history but they are really meant to keep you from burning in the sunshine. Look up 'sunscreen clothes' and you'll see you can get everything these days.

Reactions: crosscountryla
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.