VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put bigger bags on the 'ole 'Pin and possibly a fairing.

Any ideas? I have looked at WOC(Wide Open Custom) for the fairing and Hardstreet for the bags, but I am open to all suggestions.

Help me out folks!

Thanks!
Roger

p.s. Yes bernomad(John) I am tinkerin' with her again! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I still think the Corbins are the best looking hard bags for the KP. Unfortunately they are quite pricey. Also if you have changed out your pipes you will want to take a look at the configuration of the match up. The bags have a cut out spot that works great with the stock pipes but will leave a big gap if you have short or thin pipes.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Corbin does make a nice looking bag, butI don't know if they make a Right handed bag to match the Left. One with out the exhaust cut out. Many of us have changed our exhaust systems to shorter and lower units. Who knows maybe some day they will.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
OneThumb said:
Corbin does make a nice looking bag, butI don't know if they make a Right handed bag to match the Left. One with out the exhaust cut out. Many of us have changed our exhaust systems to shorter and lower units. Who knows maybe some day they will.
I have stock stage 1 slip ons so it isn't an issue with me, but have looked for several other folks. I wondered if there was som sort of a "plug" they could adapt in to cover the other style pipes without adding a major expense.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

If they did make a matching pair, they would most likely becomea hot item and out sell the set for the stock pipes. I ordered theStandard Kingpin and changed the stock exhaust to the swept over the tour because the tour's bags are just too small and hopefully I myself can find a decent sized set of bags tha will fit.
The Drag Pipes are lower than the stock pipes, Shot Guns and Swepts are lower plus shorter than the stock ones.

·
Registered
234 Posts
try looking here for brackets:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/.

You'll want to look at "Easy Brackets". They are designed to workwith all bikes and bags. They offer a key turn for quick & easyremoval of your side bags.

Also, check www.bikersden.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=631for the Tsukayu hard bag mounts. Tsukayu are advertised as the closestfit mounts on the market. They have pictures of them on a Kingpin (nomods required).

The "Easy Brackets" are spokenhighly about on other forums.

For fairings and Hard Bags, check out this site:

http://www.tsukayu.com/

Here is a fairing on Kingpin WO Custom Fairings

http://picasaweb.google.com/wideopencustom/Victory#5271578538804894594

·
Registered
3,024 Posts

i put the WOC on late last year and I'm considering the hard street option to go the bagger look.
Currently I use the Ledrie 38L on long trips but they're not lockable so that's the one downside. Also i put on the mustang seat last season and they are now a little more difficult to get on and off with my ghost brackets. However they hold a ton of stuff which is what I need more than form.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a bigger set of hard bags for mine ,but I finally found a Fairing with a 4 speaker radio setup for my 07.. Go to www.xtreemrevolution.com They have just the outter shell made of both fiberglass and ABS Plastic but only offer the inner for the radio in ABS Plastic. Ride safe, Frenchie.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Picture of Hardstreet bags on KP.

The Hardstreet bags seem big enough, but remember with these bags on the passenger will be uncomfortable as they sit very close to the pegs.
The Corbins do look fantastic!
Good riding.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I called Corbin a few months ago& asked them about the right side "notch" (if there was a filler/plug, or deeper bag for bikes that use 2into1's etc, They said NO. I then asked them if you could mount the JACKPOT bags (really beautiful) on the k.p. or vegas, NO was the answer, what about making JACKPOT looking bags for K.P.&Vegas NO again, BUMMER. the corbin bags are the rolls-royce of the bagger market in looks-fit-quality-strength & especially PRICE. But at least the K.P.'s & JACKPOT riders are covered, also mustang seats recently came out with their own hard bags w/the vinyl-leather covering, you have to use "ghost-brackets" to mount'em & they look very similar to the Tsukayu

·
Registered
33 Posts

Have any of you had a chance to look at the bags that are on the new Cross Roads and Cross Coounty. When I saw the pics of those bikes the first thing I thought was how do I get those bags on my 06 KP. If the rear curve matches the curve of the KP fender they just might work.
They would have to be cheaper than the Corbins, wouldn't they? I hope...

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
well this winter we'll be getting a new option for fairings from Hoppe Industries. He's also looking at building lowers for our bikes as well. I'm donating my bike and will be selling my WOC fairing in the spring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.