VOG Forum banner

Fairing removal

9K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Teflonpilot 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the Vision fairings or know of a link with the instrucions? I want to put some LED lights above the engine.

#3 ·
Dain - How long and complicated is it to take the fairing off. Im looking at a mod for the Cams and wondering how involved it will be to get into it. Unfortunately as I talked to 2 dealers in my area - neither of them have done this or even thought about this mod from LLoydz and they were asking me more questions than I was asking them - scary.

#4 ·

Alright DB4OU and Gambit its not that long you just have to be careful and I know what you mean about the dealers I had the same responce. It would only take me about 30 to 50 min to take the whole fairing and lower legs off and that includes the tank parts also. It might take you a little longer because you've never tried it. I had to do it a couple of times because I didnt know the right order to install the part to begin with.Just call me at 330-507-0880 but after 3pm I work swing shift. And I would be glad to give you the rundown. Dain

#9 ·
johnfrey said:
Here is a guy that has cam party's. You get so many guys together and he will come to you. He's really good too. http://thevicshop.com/
Try this link: http://www.thevicshop.com/ :10500:

#13 ·
@Teflonpilot best wishes on your journey of Fairing Removal. To what end? Are you doing a MOD? Or are you just curious?
Headlamps? Just being nosy...

Ride safe,
Smokier

#16 ·
All of the above! Ive had the bike for about 3 weeks, my excuse is that I want to swap the bulbs out for something whiter and brighter. 1 hour into the job I went online and bought the manual. 3 hours in i began to question my motivation. By midnight i was curled in the fetal position sucking my thumb. Its not that its hard..its just complicated. the order of removal and installation is very specific.

#20 ·
I thought you didn’t have to remove a whole bunch of stuff just to replace bulbs. Isn’t it more like removing the front air filter and squeezing your hand up underneath, pulling the bulbs out and replacing?

for the speakers, you definitely don’t have to tear the whole front end apart. Just take the top cowl off, remove the mirrors, the instrument bezel and center console (and maybe a couple of other small tidbits).

idk, maybe you like wrenching and taking things apart, but if it were me, I’d rather be out riding my new bike than unnecessarily taking the whole thing apart after only 3 weeks.

that’s just me though. Either way, the Vision is an amazing bike and I’m sure you will have many miles of enjoyment!

#21 ·
I thought you didn't have to remove a whole bunch of stuff just to replace bulbs. Isn't it more like removing the front air filter and squeezing your hand up underneath, pulling the bulbs out and replacing?

for the speakers, you definitely don't have to tear the whole front end apart. Just take the top cowl off, remove the mirrors, the instrument bezel and center console (and maybe a couple of other small tidbits).

idk, maybe you like wrenching and taking things apart, but if it were me, I'd rather be out riding my new bike than unnecessarily taking the whole thing apart after only 3 weeks.

that's just me though. Either way, the Vision is an amazing bike and I'm sure you will have many miles of enjoyment!
I got it already. I enjoy poking around a bike when I first get it. Its not all that terrible, the manual was a big help. You just have to have the sequence right for removing stuff. There is a video of a guy swapping his bulbs out by removing the filter and reaching up there, Its a very honest video, that guy struggled! Ill see if iI can find the link Ill post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.