VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
It seems that the guy in the video lacks Andy's enthusiasm. Did they just hire actors to do the videos?

I also noticed they forgot to mention that the Vision comes in Midnight Cherry. Did they eliminate that color for 2010?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
They better hope the bike sells itself, because that spokesman is not very good. I get that he's supposed to look like a typical biker/customer, but his delivery is terrible and marketing is everything. "Fuel it"...bleh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Andy said:
This video was produced by Victory:
At least he demonstrates the Factory approved method of lifting the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts

One more thing:
Will someone tell Victory to STOP demonstrating the damn tip over protection, I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. There is so much more to this bike than the damn tip over protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Squirt said:
One more thing:
Will someone tell Victory to STOP demonstrating the damn tip over protection, I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. There is so much more to this bike than the damn tip over protection.
I have to dissagree when I bought my 08 Vision there was no details on how to right the bike, myself and many othersdamaged their Visions by lifting the Bike with the rear grab hand grabs and the handle bars. Instead of rolling it up using the seat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
"Fuel it " Is just wrong, Its got to go.

When your sitting in oncoming traffic with an 18 wheeler barreling down on you, There is no "Factory approved" way to pick it up, you grab what you can and muscle it up now ! (And this I speak of with some authority) :)

I think the spokesman did a decent job, Of course its an actor, and i think they just wanted the spot very matter of fact. Too much flair or emotion and it is not quite as credible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Ok just watched the Video for the Cross Country and i have to take back what i said in the first post here (To a point) The guy in the CC Vid was much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Clubford00 said:
"Fuel it " Is just wrong, Its got to go.

When your sitting in oncoming traffic with an 18 wheeler barreling down on you, There is no "Factory approved" way to pick it up, you grab what you can and muscle it up now ! (And this I speak of with some authority) :)

I think the spokesman did a decent job, Of course its an actor, and i think they just wanted the spot very matter of fact. Too much flair or emotion and it is not quite as credible.
The passenger grabs are attached to an aluminum plate that can't stand the stress of the bike's weight it will crack and it is not covered under warenty FYI
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trekwolf164 said:
Clubford00 said:
"Fuel it " Is just wrong, Its got to go.

When your sitting in oncoming traffic with an 18 wheeler barreling down on you, There is no "Factory approved" way to pick it up, you grab what you can and muscle it up now ! (And this I speak of with some authority) :)

I think the spokesman did a decent job, Of course its an actor, and i think they just wanted the spot very matter of fact. Too much flair or emotion and it is not quite as credible.
The passenger grabs are attached to an aluminum plate that can't stand the stress of the bike's weight it will crack and it is not covered under warenty FYI
I remember you posting that a while back Trekwolf. Do you find it strange that the factory videos are using the grab handles to pick up the Vision?



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Andy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
Clubford00 said:
"Fuel it " Is just wrong, Its got to go.

When your sitting in oncoming traffic with an 18 wheeler barreling down on you, There is no "Factory approved" way to pick it up, you grab what you can and muscle it up now ! (And this I speak of with some authority) :)

I think the spokesman did a decent job, Of course its an actor, and i think they just wanted the spot very matter of fact. Too much flair or emotion and it is not quite as credible.
The passenger grabs are attached to an aluminum plate that can't stand the stress of the bike's weight it will crack and it is not covered under warenty FYI
I remember you posting that a while back Trekwolf. Do you find it strange that the factory videos are using the grab handles to pick up the Vision?



He is doing it in the factory approved manner he is guideing the bike with the handel but rolling the bike up with the seat.
I used to pick my bike up facing it using the grab handle and handle bar this is unaproved and will void the warrenty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts

This guy did a good job in my opinion. The other guy just did a better job and is much more polished. They both were reading or memorizing a script, so maybe this guy was on his 40th take and was just spent. Who knows.
Where's Jodi the biker babe when you need her?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts

Just because my mind works strangely-
Does this mean, Andy, that the VOC is no longer the red-headed stepchild? Is Victory feeding you info again???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
Squirt said:
One more thing:
Will someone tell Victory to STOP demonstrating the damn tip over protection, I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. There is so much more to this bike than the damn tip over protection.
I have to dissagree when I bought my 08 Vision there was no details on how to right the bike, myself and many othersdamaged their Visions by lifting the Bike with the rear grab hand grabs and the handle bars. Instead of rolling it up using the seat
Well maybe its just the sales people I've seen. Everytime I walk into a Victory place or meet someone with a Vision it's the first thing they want to show me... Why?
I dropped my bike once and didn't even have highway bars on it, so I just picked it up.
Never pick anything up in a hurry, bad things will happen. If an 18 wheeler is baring down on you: SCREW the bike and get the hell out of the way. It's not going to do you any good to sprain your back and then you and the bike are immobile and in the path of destruction...
Anyway this all tongue in cheek, the video wasn't that bad, but come on do we really need to the tip over protection in every video?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Squirt said:
Trekwolf164 said:
Squirt said:
One more thing:
Will someone tell Victory to STOP demonstrating the damn tip over protection, I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. There is so much more to this bike than the damn tip over protection.
I have to dissagree when I bought my 08 Vision there was no details on how to right the bike, myself and many othersdamaged their Visions by lifting the Bike with the rear grab hand grabs and the handle bars. Instead of rolling it up using the seat
Well maybe its just the sales people I've seen. Everytime I walk into a Victory place or meet someone with a Vision it's the first thing they want to show me... Why?
I dropped my bike once and didn't even have highway bars on it, so I just picked it up.
Never pick anything up in a hurry, bad things will happen. If an 18 wheeler is baring down on you: SCREW the bike and get the hell out of the way. It's not going to do you any good to sprain your back and then you and the bike are immobile and in the path of destruction...
Anyway this all tongue in cheek, the video wasn't that bad, but come on do we really need to the tip over protection in every video?
Squirt, everything happened so fast i didnt really think about it much. I was pissed and just reacted. And you are right about spraining stuff, i pulled something in my neck and it is still not right (It happened in Oct) Luckily Mark (bakfixr) was with us on the ride and did an "adjustment" to my neck that night.
I think the reason i hurt myself was in how i picked it up.I was facing the bike and grabbed the rear handle facing out instead of in, the handlebar and then just lifted. My arm finally healed (Pulled Muscle in my forearm) and the neck is getting a little better. Oh well live and learn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
Not bad.
If you go to the bike shows 8 out of 10 people will ask to see the tip over protection work.
I only giggled once..... "on those 500 mile days..." What does he do the other half of the day? :))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
I missed the what's new for 2010 like Andy did so well. I would like to have seen the difference in the driver back rest mounting, the change of 12v power outlet, how ABS rates against non ABS and anything else I have missed. Another thing would have been what new accessories are available and are they any good.
A lot to ask, but Andy did spoil us by doing such a great job.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top