VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my bike for about a month but it seems like I'm constantly adjusting the mirrors. The arms don't seem to be moving but the friction portion seems to keep letting the mirrors tilt down. I've even set the mirror high and by the end of a 50 mile trip they need moved up some already. I never had this issue with my old bike but I was surprised that both mirrors are doing it. Has anyone else run into this or should I talk to my dealer about it?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

gfoulke said:
This happens on my KP too! My right mirror has enough play in that I am always pulling it in. There doesn't seem to be a way to tighten it.
I do not care much for factory mirrors. I have not done this, but I do know a few guys that have Crazy Glued the Mirror to the stem. They claim it workes great.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bubba said:
I do not care much for factory mirrors. I have not done this, but I do know a few guys that have Crazy Glued the Mirror to the stem. They claim it workes great.
I don't mind the factory mirros (except for the constant adjustments) and it seems to me that most of the aftermarket mirrors are smaller. I really don't want to go any smaller than what they are now.
I'd be tempted to do the Crazy glue trick if my daughter didn't ride with me from time to time. But when she does, the bike sits a little different and then I have to adjust the mirros.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

a guy on the VMC are selling his for 20 bucks. Buy them and give it a try!
Sorry, talked myself into buying them along with a black kick stand. Mad me a deal I couldn't refuse.
Just collecting stuff for my next project!! :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sooner or later my fingers will figure out that there is a 3rd "r" in mirro"r"!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
bubba said:
gfoulke said:
This happens on my KP too! My right mirror has enough play in that I am always pulling it in. There doesn't seem to be a way to tighten it.
There's a definite - permanent solution. I like the simple & direct approach.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bubba said:
Ok, you've peaked my interest a little but I'm still new tothis site so bare with me. What exactly is the "VMC"?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
BLININGER said:
bubba said:
Ok, you've peaked my interest a little but I'm still new tothis site so bare with me. What exactly is the "VMC"?
Sorry thought you might know. This comment in no way reflects the quality of this site.
The Victory Motorcycle Club is at: thevmc.com
Its a club that has been around since 1999 the start of Victory selling bikes. Like this site, they have a large variety of members. They do have the likes of good Mechanics like KevenX who also comes here and is the current President of the club.They also have a Classified section that people buy and sell Vic stuff.
I go between sites and think that both are very good.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bubba said:
Sorry thought you might know. This comment in no way reflects the quality of this site.
That's good to know. I'll probably join that one too. You can't have too many resources and I enjoy meeting Vic. owners anywhere. Weather it be on the road or in a Website. I've seen that site listed more than once on this site so I'm sure a lot of other people on here use both. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
BLININGER said:
bubba said:
That's good to know. I'll probably join that one too. You can't have too many resources and I enjoy meeting Vic. owners anywhere. Weather it be on the road or in a Website. I've seen that site listed more than once on this site so I'm sure a lot of other people on here use both. Thanks for the info.
I see you are fromIowa. There are 3 Vic mechanics that I would not think a single second about using. Not in any order, Lloyd up in Pin Bush NY, Our own KevinX in Florida or Southern Ga. and Rylan at the Vic Shop in Des Monies. Do not know where in Iowa you live, but it would be worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bubba said:
I see you are fromIowa. There are 3 Vic mechanics that I would not think a single second about using. Not in any order, Lloyd up in Pin Bush NY, Our own KevinX in Florida or Southern Ga. and Rylan at the Vic Shop in Des Monies. Do not know where in Iowa you live, but it would be worth the trip.
I'm way down in the southwest corner of the state. 30 minutes from Missouri & 60 minutes from Nebraska.
I actually bought my Hammer at D&J Motorsports in Omaha. They are the closest dealer to me. I've been really happy with the service there so I can't complain. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I haven't had any problem with the mirrors on my Hammer. I adjusted them once or twice and they are still where I put them. Maybe the black mirrors are different from the chrome mirrors. The mirrors on my XC are good too. I have to adjust them when my wife gets on the bike, but they stay put too. I hope they both stay good and don't loosen up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.