VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

While going over the brides "new" XR, discovered that there is a hitch-receiver hidden up under the fender. (Yeah, a little cleaning is in order too.).
Can anybody advise the manufacturer? We do have a trailer, and getting the correct insert would be nice. Also, which side does one typically run the wiring warness?
View attachment 505223

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
looks a bit rough to be bought, I'd wonder if it was home-made. Maybe Bushtec, hitchdoc or JPCycles for the ball or swivel. Assuming it has been used, you probably have the wiring harness, maybe tied up somewhere. Whichever side you feel more comfortable, although I'd run it on the clutch side since there are less things happening over there, I doubt it matters much, just keep in mind that tire contact can destroy wires if they ever meet.

Reactions: Smokier104

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,
It appears to be a BUSHTEC based on the hardware and website photos. I also found the wiring harness on the right side, tucked up under the seat and side cover. It is a HOPKINS 6 prong. Will change that to our round 5, but nice to know it's there.
Also, found a PC-V velcro'd under the left side cover.

Will have to contact BUSHTEC to see if getting the insert alone if possible.

Thanks for the response. Ride safe,
Smokier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.