VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my issue for another tank are 2 shallow dents on the top that appear when the tank is cold or open, and go away when the tank heats up and pressure expands it. I'd hate to use bondo because I'm sure it will just pop off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you don't want power paint. It will melt the inside tank liner for one. They back the power to the tank at 250 degrees so if there is a drop of gas in tank or behind the liner it will blow up
Why is i there a liner in Victory tanks? My guys have powder coated countless Harley and Other tanks with no problems, just saying.

·
Registered
164 Posts
you don't want power paint. It will melt the inside tank liner for one. They back the power to the tank at 250 degrees so if there is a drop of gas in tank or behind the liner it will blow up
This makes absolutely no sense to me, especially since you don't paint the inside of a tank.
I also thought all gas tanks had a chemical lining inside them.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Im looking to buy a replacement tank and have it powder painted. What is the chance that Victory uses Bondo to "finish" their tanks?
Yes there most certainly is Bondo on your tank from the factory.

my issue for another tank are 2 shallow dents on the top that appear when the tank is cold or open.
These dents can probably be removed without damaging the paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.