VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have designed speaker brackets that fit the factory magnum 6x9 lids so you can mount a 8 inch speaker instead
i sell them now as this was a facebook venture and my fellow owners begged me to sell them so i found a fab shop to produce them
they sell for 135.00 including shipping
Steve Morgan

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Wow does it ever end !!!! I just spent another $400 on this bike for a head unit. ( love it )
So tell me what I can gain switching out my Arc Moto 692s in my lids for a set of component 8s with a tweeter. I’m running an Arc 600.4 amp. Nice clean power.
Is there really a noticeable difference ?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Wow does it ever end !!!! I just spent another $400 on this bike for a head unit. ( love it )
So tell me what I can gain switching out my Arc Moto 692s in my lids for a set of component 8s with a tweeter. I'm running an Arc 600.4 amp. Nice clean power.
Maybe this will help explain?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So tell me what I can gain switching out my Arc Moto 692s in my lids for a set of component 8s with a tweeter. I'm running an Arc 600.4 amp. Nice clean power.
well if your happy with what you have there is nothing to gain .
if your looking for louder and cleaner not to be a A hole but the rockville 8 would just destroy all 6x9's in volume i'll do the math for you
your arc 6x9 we will use 150 watts here will hit
111 db the rockville 8 same watts will hit 133db
it would take 10 arc 6x9 to equal the output of 2 rockville 8's
and most people think more power that's all you need well it would take 21,000 watts yes you read that right 21,000 for the arc's to hit 133 db
remember humans conceive 10db as twice as loud or a doubling of volume
so the rockvilles are more than 2 xs louder by humans hearing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if your happy with what you have there is nothing to gain .
if your looking for louder and cleaner not to be a A hole but the rockville 8 would just destroy all 6x9's in volume i'll do the math for you
your arc 6x9 we will use 150 watts here will hit
111 db the rockville 8 same watts will hit 133db
it would take 10 arc 6x9 to equal the output of 2 rockville 8's
and most people think more power that's all you need well it would take 21,000 watts yes you read that right 21,000 for the arc's to hit 133 db
remember humans conceive 10db as twice as loud or a doubling of volume
so the rockvilles are more than 2 xs louder by humans hearing
by the way the rockville are 108 db 300 watts and only 50.00 a pair including shipping even if you don't like them it's 50.00 to try

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
by the way the rockville are 108 db 300 watts and only 50.00 a pair including shipping even if you don't like them it's 50.00 to try
and another $135 for the adaptors. I like my magnum lids and flush grills. So the 8's would sit under that grill and no doubt take a little more bag space. Think I'll pass for now.
Still another great option. I know HMD and Rusty make 8" lids.
Are the Rockville's Coaxials ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

and another $135 for the adaptors. I like my magnum lids and flush grills. So the 8's would sit under that grill and no doubt take a little more bag space. Think I'll pass for now.
Still another great option. I know HMD and Rusty make 8" lids.
Are the Rockville's Coaxials ?
yes they do make lids
the 8 only take about 1 inch more space you would never notice the loss of space
no i run tweeters with them
my opinion the stock lids look the best that's why i made the adapter it was just for me in the beginning they said it could not be done

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
yes they do make lids
the 8 only take about 1 inch more space you would never notice the loss of space
no i run tweeters with them
my opinion the stock lids look the best that's why i made the adapter it was just for me in the beginning they said it could not be done
I guess the oval opening of the 6x9s don't interfere with the performance of the 8" speakers. What tweeters are you using ? Love to see a sound clip also if you can. After sleeping on it I'm now open to the thought of this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the oval opening of the 6x9s don't interfere with the performance of the 8" speakers. What tweeters are you using ? Love to see a sound clip also if you can. After sleeping on it I'm now open to the thought of this.
not right now everything is apart winter mods
no no audio interference to my ears and i saw no anomalies peaks or nulls on the RTA
tweeters st25

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
not right now everything is apart winter mods
no no audio interference to my ears and i saw no anomalies peaks or nulls on the RTA
tweeters st25
Seems there are limited choices for 8" component. More 7" and certainly loads of 6" speakers.
I'm researching speakers. Thanks for what you bring to us. Very cool !

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
I'm confused on the higher 108db of these speakers.
Seems they would be better suited to lower power such as a stock head unit. Although the wattage is ample at 300 peak ? What is the RMS rating of these ?
A lower dB rating let's say under 90db would be a better choice for higher output units especially with an after market amp.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Camera accessory Camera lens Electronic instrument Automotive tire Audio equipment
I found them at the manufacturers home site. Cheaper than Amazon. What a deal !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm confused on the higher 108db of these speakers.
Seems they would be better suited to lower power such as a stock head unit. Although the wattage is ample at 300 peak ? What is the RMS rating of these ?
A lower dB rating let's say under 90db would be a better choice for higher output units especially with an after market amp.
150 rms you have it all wrong low sensitivity is just that this is pro audio stuff hi power hi sensitivity . just like i posted above the numbers don't lie the best 6x9 out there are 93 db hell my 6.5 are 103 db the bike is louder than i would ever need but that's the beauty of it it takes less power so less distortion less compression less thermal compression less amp pull off the charging system
remember a 90 db speaker even with 500 watts to it will only put out 120db not going to happen it would melt with 500 watts
i don't parking lot pimp bass is absolutely wasted after 30-40 mph and i ride my bike

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Thanks. Appreciate the info. As far as sensitivity there’s a section on the Crutchfield site
“how to choose a car speaker”
It was mentioned in the beginning. I may have misunderstood it. Take a look when you get a chance.
Again thanks for the input. Thinking real hard on this.
Love my Arc Moto692s and they weren’t cheap.
I paired with a set of Hertz Mille MPX 165 in the fairing and my ears hurt. The new head unit made all the difference. I have yet to get on the road with all this new stuff. This weekend will be the test. Just in the driveway there was a huge improvement with the new JVC HU.
Thanks to Yankphan !!!!

Be in touch.

Reactions: yankphan

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Maxx .... I will check it out. There is nothing Victory about my stereo system any longer.
All I can do is keep improving and that cost $$$. I’m actually working on sealing my bags better. Going to add the WD carpet kit and use either a better seal around the lid or get new latches. Mine seem sloppy.

The fairing has the VT Audio enclosures. Not sure they made much difference.
The Hertz Mille MPX 6.5 seem to do the best in the fairing. Very loud and clear.

I’m also interested in possibly another set of speakers in the lower portion of the fairing. What do you suggest here. Can I wire them to the Hertz in dash ? Not really wanting to add more amps at this time. The 600.3 has enough power and I won’t give up bag space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes there is a 4 ohm and 8 ohm version
there is a whole dedicated victory audio forum on facebook
Maxx .... I will check it out. There is nothing Victory about my stereo system any longer.
All I can do is keep improving and that cost $$$. I'm actually working on sealing my bags better. Going to add the WD carpet kit and use either a better seal around the lid or get new latches. Mine seem sloppy.

The fairing has the VT Audio enclosures. Not sure they made much difference.
The Hertz Mille MPX 6.5 seem to do the best in the fairing. Very loud and clear.

I'm also interested in possibly another set of speakers in the lower portion of the fairing. What do you suggest here. Can I wire them to the Hertz in dash ? Not really wanting to add more amps at this time. The 600.3 has enough power and I won't give up bag space.
slik vic get over to the facebook forum there are at least 4 lowers some 8 inch lowers etc
your hertz are pretty good and would be a great example of what you would gain in the lid just add even more . i measured it today it's not even a inch difference of space in the bag .
i ran 106 sensitive 6.5 in fairing with hertz st 25 tweeters but swapped them out to a coax for simplicity and ohm rating to WDX6MOTO
coax 103db 4 ohm guys are running in the fairing and lowers and 2 ohm stereo or multi amps
you can run QPSM6V2 in pairs @4 ohm these are 106db each so all 4 would be 115 db with 1 watt of power lol but you would need tweeters that's why the WDX6MOTO is so popular you only give up 3 db and it comes with a tweeter .
your missing out they even have double din head units fitting in these bikes over there .
crutch field is a good source and yes if your under powered high sesativity speakers are a good choice they simply don't say how much better they are when you add power to them .
audio gets complicated pretty quick that is for beginners helping them to understand they simply are stating chapter 1 info . get over to the forum much to learn and a lot of it has been done for you . just remember it's all math and Physics you can't change it it's a give and take there is no perfect choice the numbers i gave you are fact you will get some audio guys who have not made the change to pro audio and they simply are not in the know . but most shops are getting there and so are the manufacturers don't let known or name brands or price sway you . yes a 50.00 speaker can destroy a 500.00 hertz speaker i'm not putting down name brand products they make solid products just don't believe the hype .

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
I'm not sure if you remember "me" telling you that you need to ditch that stock radio months ago....regardless i have so additional tips for you:

Get some "Magic Mounts Camper Tape" Magic Mounts Camper Tape | 8976950 | Pep Boys

Us that to seal the underside of the lid to the bags themselves . Us a flash light, put it in your bag, close the bags, turn off the lights in the garage and you will see where you need to but the tape. Some areas may need a couple of layers, like in the corners. It works amazing to seal the bags.

Now regarding the carpet kit...first put Dynamat before the carpet...it will help with the bass...

Good luck
I do remember Max ..... you and Dave are the reasons I even considered the HU.
I met Dave in Daytona at the Victory dinner rally. Got to hear his sound system. He drew in a crowd. It was incredible. While I dig the sound I won't give up the bag space. Honey and I ride too much together.
Take lots of weekend trips. Still I'm always into the room for improvement thing. I'm digging these 8" adaptors. The Rockville 8" speakers look good too especially for the $$. If I can find a home for my 692 moto's I may go this route next. Just wondering how those Rockville speakers will hold up on the weather.

Reactions: MRMAXX
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.