VOG Forum banner

Factory 2" pullback bars - Looking for heads up tips before install

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  PuddleDuck 
#1 ·
I just ordered the Victory 2" pullack bars for my 08 Kingpin Tour. I have been finding my back aching a bit after 2-3 hours of riding. I would like to ask for some feeedback if you have this set up.
I am also wanting to know if this a simple install or should I have my dealer do it.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

#2 ·
I had them installed before the bike left the dealership. I watched and it's not complicated. I've done the procedure on another bike. You can do it. I suggest getting comfort grip installed on your new bars. The end result is less reaching, more comfortable ride.

#5 ·
this is a very easy install if you are handy with working on macanical things just make sure that you cover the tank up with a couple of towels next cut off the left hand grip loosen the allen bolts for the controls then unbolt the bars / then take the allen bolts out of controls and slide the throttle side off first then the clutch lever side it will be tight but it will slide off each end then reverse the steps !! hope this will help it took me about 1.5 hours .

#8 ·
Thanks for all of the tips. My handlebars are on order. Picked up the comfort grips. Can't wait to put 'em on! I'll post up when it's done. It might be helpful for other noobs like me!

#9 ·
I went with the 2" risers(I know guys I am always the odd ball here! LOL). They do help, but I do like the feel of the pullbacks on my wife's Vegas Low. I too get the between the shoulder ache from time to time. But a little one handed riding, set the cruise and switch hands and I can usually go for awhile.

FYI.....

Rog

#10 ·

Well, I just installed the 2"pullback bars. Since I was upgrading the grips at the same time it was apeice of cake. I didn't have to cut the left grip off. Just unbolt the clutch and brake levers, the left T/S housing and R throttle housing, unbolted the bars from the risers slipped 'em out, slipped the new one on in reverse order. The only part I was worried about was regluing the left grip on. You have one shot to slip it on and mildly adjust the grip before the CA glue sets up. All told, took me 40 minutes. (I am a old flat rate mechanic by trade.) The old man has still got game! They feel soooo much better of a better fit for me. FYI I am 6'-0".
Thanks for the advice everyone!
More chrome is on the way so look foward to some new posts soon!

#13 ·
Did you get these pullbacks from the dealer??? Whats the part #??? Thanks!

#14 ·

kingshouse said:
Did you get these pullbacks from the dealer??? Whats the part #??? Thanks!
I did get them from a Victory Dealer, here's the part info.
Victory 2" Pull Back Bars
• Get the right position for your relaxed riding style with these ergonomic pullback handlebars.
• They position the hand grips about 2" closer to the rider, making it an easier reach.

[TBODY][TR][TD="colspan: 2"]

[TBODY][TR][TD="colspan: 2"]
[TBODY]

[TR][TD="colspan: 2"]2" Pull Back Bars [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]Item: 2874776[/TD] [TD]Usually Ships In:
2-5 Business Days [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD="width: 100%"]
Our Price:$119.99
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 132, align: left"]
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY]​
[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD="colspan: 2"]2" Pull Back Bars [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]Item: 2876370[/TD] [TD]Usually Ships In
2-5 Business Days[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD="width: 100%"]
Our Price:$119.99
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY]​
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY]

#15 ·
dsjr70 said:
ZZedmonds said:
Well, I just installed the 2"pullback bars.
We need pics.... :)
Cruiser Customizing has a good video showing how easy it is to install the ISO grips. If you can handle that, installing the bars is cake.

#16 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll order a pair soon.

#17 ·
Hello all Kingpin riders,

I'm new here and have been following the posts and this one has my
most attention because I too have ordered 2" pullback bars for my
07 Kingpin part #2876370 but I see that ZZ got part #2874776 for his
08 Kingpin, anybody know the difference and will these fit my bike?
Thanks, Rando

#19 ·
Part #2874776 for 04 - 07 models
Part #2876370 for 04 - 10 models.

Why the part number change? Not a clue as they seem to be the same bars,
Same price and same sizes. You could ask the dealer, they might have an answer.

#20 ·

dragon6 said:
My brother was going thru the same feeling even with Victory's 2" pullbacks on his kingpin Tour so I got him a used Valkyrie (Honda) handlebar and he was good to go.
I want to replace my stock handlebars on my '10 KP. They are too wide, at about 36" and the reach is too long for me.
Are the Valkyrie bars any narrower and were anycables or wiring changed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.