VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week ( 06 KP ) the bike when I turned the key, failed to churn up the EFI> Hit the starter anyhow and it started. A few days ago it failed to churn up again and I had to turn the key on and off a few times. Today no go at all.

Called the dealer, he said it was probably the fuel pump and he could take in next week.

Called the ex-dealer in San Antonio now called Benz and Bikes. He still has his same mechanics. Mechanic said, "it probably is the relay, bring it in let me look". I push it on a trailer and take it over. He waves his hand and says "don't unstrap it."

He pulls the side cover swaps the relay and hmmmmmmmm there it goes. I asked if this was just a symptom of a bigger issue, he said, no, its electric. **** happens. $7.00 out the door done never took the straps off.

Now you know my dealer would have been $90.00 diagnostic, $45.00 labor to do the relay, $30.00 for the relay at a minimum. That is unless he decided since I was already primed for it to charge me 500 bucks for a fuel pump.

Its nice having an honest hard working guy around that knows your bike. This plays right into other threads about the shortage of Vic certified mechanics close to us. I am very fortunate.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Thanks for spreading the word. I just had my vic at the dealer in conroe, paid $400, and the bike is still having problems. Im definately going to check them out next time I need service. SA is a long way from Nacogdoches, but if he actually knows his stuff, its worth the drive.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pyro, I heard Napalm Motorsports in Austin is a good shop too. 80 miles closer to you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
satxron,

I am glad they were able to fix you up. Lets get together and go riding sometime.

Chuck and I did not get along very well. He treated me like a leper that was not deserving of his time. I never understood why. Kim convinced me that all was OK and I bought my Vision there. She was wrong. After the sale things got worse. A lot worse.

My CB did not work after it was installed. They did not install the cable needed to hook it up. When I went to pick up the Vision they tried to charge me for the cable. I took out my paper work and showed Toby that it was ordered with the purchase of the Vision. Toby then told me that it was OK.

With in a month of ownership. It took almost three weeks for them to get a oil pressure sensor replaced under warranty that was leaking. After a few days I just bought one at O'Rileys for $3 and replaced it myself. Why would any dealer do this? A $3 part and they wanted me to park the bike for three weeks. Come on what gives. Other dealers take parts off of new bikes to keep customers happy. It is like they went out of their way to tick me off.

I kept telling Chuck and Toby about my powerless low end torque and that it was running really rough. I asked them to check the fuel map. They said they checked twice and all was well.

A few months later I took the Vision to Napalm for warranty work and I realized how different a dealership can be. My suspicions were confirmed. I was running the stock map with my S1L2 pipes. Leaving Napalm it was like I was riding a completely different bike.

On they way back to San Antonio rain started pouring on me. I did not care. The smile I had on my face from a correctly running engine was not coming off.

The Vision is great. (12,000 miles in 13 months) I ride it almost every day and really stopped driving my Trailblazer for the most part (4000 miles during the same time). I just wish I could have trusted Ironhorse of SA after that experience.

They serviced my Vision one more time before going out of business. I was not surprised to hear that they closed up.

As you can tell from problems above. I will not be taking my Vision to Chuck. He does have good mechanics and I like Toby. I could see it in faces of the mechanics that I was getting a raw deal from Chuck.

Chuck and Kim will not get one more dime from me!

As for the new dealership, Kent Powersports. On my 10,000 mile service I told them that the rear CB/Audio controls did not work. They found out that the wires were never hooked up to the switches when the unit was installed.

Kent Powersports quoted me a price for the 10,000 mile service. When I went to pick up the Vision, the bill was less then was quoted.....a lot less.

The wrenches at Kent Powersports are really sharp and are coming up to speed on Victory. I really like the customer service I receive there and parts manager is great.

I just found out that the Victory demo fleet will be at Kent Powersports on October 23rd and 24th. Maybe we could meet up then.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had the same reactions. When he was a dealer I never knew what all the problems were but he seemed to not really care. My wife did not like him at all. Now at his little location you really don't see that and his mechanics are top shelf. I have not heard anything bad about Napalm most is like your description. Chuck refers to Napalm all the time for mapping issues. I don't think Victory put him under as much as that anchor of Iron Horse.

Makes me wonder if the dealer relationships with the factory have an adverse effect on what they do. I know he sold a ton of Visions and needed Hammers. They sent him 15 more Visions instead. He seems to be a whole new Chuck in his little shop. Then again Kent paid him quite a bit of money for that line and they bought every do dad and accessory he owned. The deal with Kent was that if they took Vic they had to take Iron Horse. Thats a home run for Chuck. Folks are not lining up out the door for 35k choopers nowadays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.