VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm looking at wrapping part of my exhaust. I'm thing about using either blue or black wrap to just behind the driver's peg, where the exhaust starts going horizontally to the rear.
One, I just wanna do something that's not seem a whole lot.
Two, This is my first Vic yet alone cruiser. And I'm kinda worried about the exhaust right there at the peg. I'm sure its quite common to hit the exhaust with your boots marking up the pipe.
Three, All my bikes have always been my daily drivers. With that said, If I'm at the house in shorts, I'm not gonna change into boots and pants for a 10 min. trip to the store. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know proper riding gear and all, Just being honest. So I'm also worried about catching my ankle on the pipe.
So what are yall's thoughts on this wrapping idea?...Yes….No….and blue or black?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well, both blue and black would look good with your color. I do not think wrap on those pipes would look good. 1, because they are too long and 2, because they have heat shields that only wrap around 1/2 the pipe. Shorter pipes look good wrapped IMO.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I don't think you could wrap that style, like Bubba says, the Vic pipes are not a " full " pipe, and the chrome is only a heat shield, not fully round.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

texhammer said:
Sombody did a kingpin on here not long ago
looked great, have the wrap to do mine
just haven't got around to it yet
you will need to ditch the heat shields though
+1 The bike looked good with the wrap but you have to remove the sheilds.
Since we are on this subject... Who makes the shortest set of pipes that can be wrapped for a Vegas? I would like something similar to the hacker pipes but even shorter on my LE.

·
Registered
717 Posts
How about Conquest Custom's Ground Pounders?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Rick057 said:
How about Conquest Custom's Ground Pounders?
Those are the ones I was looking for, didnt know Scott did exhaust. Thanks for the tip...
Did you ever notice the smaller the pipes the more expensive they are??

·
Registered
717 Posts

Funny how that works!
Some think the Ground Pounders are too loud, I think they are awesome.
Spent a day riding in the mountains with him after the VMC Meet, a great guy and some cool pipes.
Sound something like a chevy 350 with open headers when you get on them. :')

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

The Goundpounders look sick I would have them but on an 08 and up you need to re locate the oil cooler. so when I priced it out with adding some wimmer oil coolers and the a fuel controler it was close to 2 grand.
I will note Conquest Customs came out with the Octanes and with that one you do not need to re clocate the oil cooler. They look great as well.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
randysfishing said:
The Goundpounders look sick I would have them but on an 08 and up you need to re locate the oil cooler. so when I priced it out with adding some wimmer oil coolers and the a fuel controler it was close to 2 grand.
I will note Conquest Customs came out with the Octanes and with that one you do not need to re clocate the oil cooler. They look great as well.
Damn, you put a monkey in my wrench! Thanks for the info, I do not want to relocate the oil cooler or modify the bike any more then just the exhaust. This really sucks, oh well back to the Hacker Pipes I guess?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well thanks for the input guys, well be for it got hijacked that is. And again this is just an idea.
I bought the bike online just had family and friends check outfor me. I won't get to actually ride it unilt sept-oct when i get my mid-tour leave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.